Author Topic: Malware Blocked - False Positive?  (Read 23415 times)

Offline SUSZANNAH

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • There We Are Then
Re: Malware Blocked - False Positive?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 11:40:34 PM »
No i am not going to say me too lol, just glad i am not the only one, i can live with it till sorted, no way am i taking AOL off lol

Nesivos

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 11:42:40 PM »
I also got a Malware warning at CanadaFreePress.com

1st time I have seen it there.

doktornotor

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 11:45:01 PM »
I also got a Malware warning at CanadaFreePress.com
1st time I have seen it there.

Looks like Adblock Plus is the best AV out there - didn't get any alert on at least half the sites people kept complaining about here.  ;D

HungLO

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 12:05:31 AM »
I too get the Malware blocked notice. Just started today, 3/21/11. I go to this web site everyday to get my emails. http://Http://att.my.yahoo.com

Everytime I come back to the page Avast gives me the warning.

Also during my emails I would get the notice on some of them. The ads do change with different emails.

Mine just started doing today as soon as I opened AIM. It is getting seriously annoying; it is doing it non-stop now.
This is what I get...

zwyt

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 12:07:37 AM »
Well of course Avast has always wanted people to buy their pay version but they have never been pushy about it and I don't think they are being pushy about it now. They really don't have to provide a free version of their product if they don't want to but I for one am thankful that they do and I am even more thankful that it is of the fine quality that it is. For me Avast has become a standard that I measure other anti-virus / anti-malware programs against. Before I started using Avast I used to run AVG, Spybot Search and Destroy, Spyware Blaster and Ad Aware Plus (does it even still exist???). Now I just use Avast Free and I find that it does more than all of those other programs did all put together. If I run into something that Avast has some difficulty with I might run a scan with Super Anti-Spyware or Malware Bytes and I am usually taken care of. I say go Avast it is the Free Anti-Virus / Anti-Malware solution that is worth paying for. Um... and no I don't work for Avast.

Charles

I had heard from another source that They have been trying to get people to BUY their internet security program.  I've also been getting these blocked malware warnings.  Everytime I open MY yahoo.  Then it tells me to go to Avast's site and tells me I shouldl update to their latest program.  Sorry I already have the latest  of the FREE Avast and quite happy with it.
If this is force feeding us to BUY this new program. Stop with the fake alerts

Thanks for the conspiracy theory. The inconvenient reality is stated just one post before yours, and trust me that people prefer sleeping at night to fixing a buggy VPS version.  ::)

Jon D

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 12:11:18 AM »
Avast administrator acknowledged the problem and forthcoming fix:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=74347.msg616228#msg616228

Just waiting for the update.

eanimusic

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 12:23:05 AM »
Have the same problem only with AppleInsider.com, was working before the 110321-1 update but now it's giving "Infection: HTML:Script-inf". This site is very reputable and is clean from Malware so I know this is an FP.

speckledbird

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 12:26:35 AM »
Have the same warning on Yahoo.com.  As far as I knew the ad it blocked could have been a virus. 
I know Avast will fix this minor inconvience.  Thank you Avast for offering a free version of your top rated antivirus.

derry

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2011, 12:26:47 AM »
This sucks!! I'm getting the malware alerts on version 10000 also.!

doktornotor

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2011, 12:31:44 AM »
This sucks!! I'm getting the malware alerts on version 10000 also.!

selkie305

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2011, 12:38:06 AM »
I've been getting "malware blocked" with every single email today. Even the email to confirm registration with Avast Forums, and I know you guys aren't trying to give me a virus! At least I see other people have been seeing popups too, which means that it's probably a glitch and will end soon. But meanwhile it's maddening! I ran a complete scan, and just in case I'm running scans with Malwarebytes and whatever else I've got.

Gemini66

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2011, 12:47:37 AM »
Thanks, I saw it after I had already posted mine..

kubecj

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2011, 12:48:43 AM »
New vps is getting out now, in few minutes it'll be available to fix this embarrasing mistake.  ::)

doktornotor

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2011, 12:50:02 AM »
New vps is getting out now, in few minutes it'll be available to fix this embarrasing mistake.  ::)

(P.S. Good nite  ;))

eanimusic

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2011, 01:11:28 AM »
new update is good, well for me at least, anyone else?