Author Topic: deleted text in emails????????  (Read 4537 times)

virtualcop

deleted text in emails????????
« on: September 21, 2004, 08:56:27 AM »
???

hi, sometimes after downloading the emails, in some mails, the text is deleted?

I´m using Incredimail, but I think the problem is in a wrong setting (avast-software)

means: I receive the mail with attachment, but there is an empty mail (no text!).

on the server (GMX etc.) the email will be correctly...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:deleted text in emails????????
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 02:08:40 PM »
Hi virtualcop, welcome to the forums.

avast! only appends text to emails e.g.

---------------------------------------
avast! Antivirus: Inbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0439-0, 20/09/2004

It doesn't delete text, if an attachment is found to be infected, yes it will warn you and you make the decision what to do. avast! doesn't act independantly (unless you set it up to do so).

Is it possible that the email was empty to start with (what were you using to ckeck it on the GMX server)? Did it come from an expected source? What was the attachment? What version of avast are you using?

There are others in this chain, the senders ISP could be running an anti-virus/spam program that could have an effect. Your ISP could also be doing the same. Are you running some form of anti-spam software?

As you can see there are a lot  of questions, we need mor information. You say sometimes this happens, is it always for emails with attachments, from the same source, etc. etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 02:15:43 PM »
I´m using Incredimail, but I think the problem is in a wrong setting (avast-software)
means: I receive the mail with attachment, but there is an empty mail (no text!).

Did you change the Heuristic module settings of Internet Mail provider?
It's strange... Did avast change the Subject field of the message?
The best things in life are free.

virtualcop

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 01:51:52 PM »
Hi virtualcop, welcome to the forums.

avast! only appends text to emails e.g.

---------------------------------------
avast! Antivirus: Inbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0439-0, 20/09/2004

It doesn't delete text, if an attachment is found to be infected, yes it will warn you and you make the decision what to do. avast! doesn't act independantly (unless you set it up to do so).

### no, the attachment is for example a clean midifile or a picture! the mail is clean, but there is without text ###

Is it possible that the email was empty to start with (what were you using to ckeck it on the GMX server)? Did it come from an expected source? What was the attachment? What version of avast are you using?

### check on GMX-Server ... www.gmx.net ... login... and read... not more... the mail is correct, after download the mail, the text is deleted... but not all mails.... only any of this.... ####

There are others in this chain, the senders ISP could be running an anti-virus/spam program that could have an effect. Your ISP could also be doing the same. Are you running some form of anti-spam software?

### no! I´ve shut down all anti-spam software and delete it from the system. Incredi-Mail is using only one option, to transfer spam-mails in a spam-folder! ###

As you can see there are a lot  of questions, we need mor information. You say sometimes this happens, is it always for emails with attachments, from the same source, etc. etc.
 ### not only from the same source.... it happens from 2 or 3 different mail-accounts... ###

.... sorry for my terrible english ;-)

virtualcop

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 01:55:44 PM »

Did you change the Heuristic module settings of Internet Mail provider?
It's strange... Did avast change the Subject field of the message?
### no, chanced not the subject field or the standard heuristic-settings....###