Author Topic: avast and incredimail  (Read 3681 times)

chondro

avast and incredimail
« on: September 22, 2004, 09:48:42 AM »
Hi guys I'm french so I'm sorry for my very bad english :-[
I use avast since yesterday and for the moment is great but I have one question: how I have to configure avast for use with incredimail?

GYL

Re:avast and incredimail
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 11:41:21 AM »
salut! i'm french too. Incredimail looks fun,but i've always had problems with it after 1 or 2 months,.Not because avast!,only because incredimail:the principal issue was impossible to open it with tray icon.Avast  will automatiically configurate your mail box  .It asks you ,at the beginning of its installation(ce serait plus facile en français ;mais la règle est de s'exprimer en anglais) bye

chondro

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 11:51:15 AM »
thanks for the answer but I haven't any problems with incredimail and I use it for few months (au cas ou on peut en parler en mp  ;))

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 12:27:21 PM »
Hi chondro, welcome to the forums.

Check out the User's FAQ, the section on Mail Protection Wizard, it should give you an insight into how to manually setup (also see below).

Nowadays, the following Internet Mail Clients are supported: MS Outlook (including Outlook 2003), MS Exchange, MS Outlook Express, Eudora, Pegasus Mail, Netscape Mail, Mozilla Mail, IncrediMail and The Bat!

MAIL SETTINGS
The server address for both POP and SMTP should be set to 127.0.0.1 with the POP server name set to:
username#pop.isp.com (use the actual username and ISP info) and.... SMTP server name to username#smtp.isp.com

You can go into the Help file within the Avast Scanner and look up Manual configuration.  It will take you through it step by step.  It is not hard to do.

Also see, http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=5502;

HTH David
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

chondro

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 12:31:02 PM »
ok thanks a lot I watch that this night .