Author Topic: 2 Viruses Undetected by Avast (up to date) Mar-23  (Read 9439 times)

iDeving

Re: 2 Viruses Undetected by Avast (up to date) Mar-23
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 06:39:59 AM »
Generally malware will detect a VM system and close down or just fail to run..  I am running XP within my win7 system

so... generally you say malware is "iffy" then right? ;)

Im just trying to see if there is something special about this one that could drop some extra temps that scanners couldnt detect.

UPDATE: Avast just updated definitions and was able to recognize the d2nt manager.exe file within the zip/rar and while extracting... That was fast team! I hope it was my email to Virus@avast.com and not the forum ;)

Maybe we could get some light shed as to why the scanner was able to delete the dropped trj but not the actual dropper (exe) before?

NOTE: they didnt even bother to reply to my email ;( i am gunna run boot scanner 1 more time with new def just in case its able to catch something new

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 08:53:46 AM »
Maybe we could get some light shed as to why the scanner was able to delete the dropped trj but not the actual dropper (exe) before?
well if somone, like you found these dropped files sucpicious, tested them at VirusTotal and if they was detected there sendt them to avast! ?

NOTE: they didnt even bother to reply to my email
They usually dont answer.....

i am gunna run boot scanner 1 more time with new def just in case its able to catch something new
As suggested before you still have the option of running OTS posting the logg and let Essexboy have a look inside

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 12:54:31 PM »
The problem with the droppers is that they vary by the day - or even hour.  It is when they unpack that Avast gets a handle on the main files