Author Topic: [Resolved] New e-mail/phone scam aimed at Avast users.  (Read 17246 times)

Rifkin

Re: New e-mail/phone scam aimed at Avast users.
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2011, 10:27:21 PM »
Here is the conclusion of this thread and the closure of the Avast support incident for those of you who have been waiting for the outcome.

"Good morning

I did indeed receive the breakdown from iYogi; It does appear as we feared that they did not provide satisfactory support on this occasion and the techs involved will be retrained following this.  Furthermore, I will visit them directly in the call center in India to discuss the level of customer service being offered and to ensure that it is not repeated.
We take the service level very seriously and as such I can assure you that new processes have now been put into place to ensure that information and escalations of issues flow quicker and more easily than previously and we hope that this will improve future provision.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused and as way of apology I would be happy to add an extension to his avast license as a good will gesture if he would accept it?

Best regards,
Adam Riley
Third Party Support Manager"

He did indeed accept Adam's offer, has received the Avast! license extension and is very pleased with the outcome.  Hopefully all this has improved both the sales & support experience for all of the loyal Avast! users out there.

SafeSurf

[RESOLVED] New e-mail/phone scam aimed at Avast users.
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2011, 10:52:06 AM »
We are very glad to hear that your issue has been resolved.  I have kept in contact with Adam and the training and other items you mentioned has occurred as you mentioned.  Thank you for taking the time to post a follow up for us and others.  :)

If you feel that your issue is now resolved/fixed, please go back to the first open post in this topic, click the modify button in that Post and change the title/subject, add [Resolved] to the beginning of the title so this thread can be closed. 

Feel free to come back any time you need help, to learn something new, or just to ask questions.  We are here 24/7 for your convenience.  Thank you.