Author Topic: ** ANOTHER PRE-RELEASE BUILD NOW AVAILABLE [6.0.1044] - IS THIS THE LAST ONE? **  (Read 221621 times)

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
I found an issue. I am running windows xp home and the web rep will sometimes rate web pages on google and some times they will load gray sometimes i have to reload the page for it to turn green. Seems to be a bug for me.

some times on my searches on google and yahoo search engine 1 result green out of 10 will show then a reload the page and they are all green something is not right! I restarted my computer and cleared my cookies. 
Derry: is this occuring for IE or Firefox?

It's for both.

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

Offline boombastik

With firefox 4. IF i make a seach to google or to yahoo or to bing( example put avast and push the batton search) , i take all results with no colour( i have the icons but is grey),
Upon the refresh of the page i take colours(the icons take colous---> they rate the sites yellow ,green or red)
I have the fotos in second page.
P.S. i Didnt say that server is down OMG..

I dont know how to explain better my english is ungly.

Also i see that Derry edit his mesagge on page 3 make it more clear what he wanted to say.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 09:05:28 AM by boombastik »

OisteinR

Updated via GUI, all well!  :)

Fer34

Webrep interferes with the operation of Wot in Google and Twitter.

Google appear two Webrep icons in each search and none of Wot, Twitter does not appear no icon in the links.

Temporarily disable Webrep and Wot works normally.

Happens with Firefox 4

Sorry for the bad English.
Again: IE or Firefox?

Only in Firefox 4

In normal operation IE

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
I don't think this will be the last Pre-release build of v6.0.1044 I'm sure their will be more problems along the way and the next version will come out again ;)
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
I don't think this will be the last Pre-release build of v6.0.1044 I'm sure their will be more problems along the way and the next version will come out again ;)

Why's that?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
All is well and good. Everything's fine.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot

Why's that?
Software development, normal growth. I think Speedy is just saying: "C'mon, there always be a problem... and we will chase it" :)
The best things in life are free.

Hermite15

I don't agree with that, there's no major issue that would justify that indefinitely like you seem to say.

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Gadget installed automatically when right clicking desktop and selecting gadgets. Didn't select Avast gadget to have it install. I closed the gadget and was unable to get it to show on the desktop again. Gadget does not show under gadget listing. Only way I found to have gadget listed is double clicking aswSidebar in the Avast folder.

Can anyone else duplicate this?

Was a clean install.

Windows 7/64 bit
AIS
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:06:44 PM by Charyb »

dagrev

Behavior Shield seems to not be analyzing anything since the update to .44.  Time frame wise after the update nothing is being looked at and normally there are a few things analyzed.  

Update: After another restart I have 2 items analyzed.

Related: How long does the "Last event analyzed" show up?  How often is this cleared and and reset?  Less that 12 hours ago I had some things there and now nothing is indicated as last analyzed.  

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 12:56:49 PM by dagrev »

Hermite15

Gadget installed automatically when right clicking desktop and selecting gadgets. Didn't select Avast gadget to have it install. I closed the gadget and was unable to get it to show on the desktop again. Gadget does not show under gadget listing. Only way I found to have gadget listed is double clicking aswSidebar in the Avast folder.

Can anyone else duplicate this?

Windows 7/64 bit

nope, works as expected here

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
I don't agree with that, there's no major issue that would justify that indefinitely like you seem to say.
There is a BSOD while trying to access the Safe Zone.
The problem is completely reproducible in my computer.
0x00000177 0x00804A7 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000
Will the dump help in anyway or you can reproduce the problem from your side?
The best things in life are free.

Hermite15

There is a BSOD while trying to access the Safe Zone.
The problem is completely reproducible in my computer.
0x00000177 0x00804A7 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000
Will the dump help in anyway or you can reproduce the problem from your side?

not here ??? >>> and on a side note tech, you've been complaining repeatedly about BSODs in the past, due to interferences with a bunch of software that you got on your system and I'd never install on my computer even if you paid me for that ;D

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
I don't think there's any bluescreen here (especially not during such a basic operation like accessing the SafeZone) - so I suppose PK would appreciate the dump.