Author Topic: ** ANOTHER PRE-RELEASE BUILD NOW AVAILABLE [6.0.1044] - IS THIS THE LAST ONE? **  (Read 222091 times)

doktornotor

I have the same problem as derry.
when i make a result in google i take this result with web rep
But after a refresh of the page a take the normal result

Server latency issue most likely...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I found an issue. I am running windows xp home and the web rep will sometimes rate web pages on google and some times they will load gray sometimes i have to reload the page for it to turn green. Seems to be a bug for me.

some times on my searches on google and yahoo search engine 1 result green out of 10 will show then a reload the page and they are all green something is not right! I restarted my computer and cleared my cookies.  

That has nothing to do with the update, as has been said in so many different topics relating to the webrep (you can't have failed to have noticed them), this is down to the back-end servers for the webrep process. When the icons are grey the servers aren't available.

The webrep requires that you have cookies enabled for avast.com or any data relating to your votes is lost, but the other data on votes is retained on the servers.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

derry

0mg did any of you read what i wrote ??? ??? ??? ??? I said the web rep is working it's not grayed out. It's only when i do searches for products sites like norton and avast are grayed out apon search this is new as it states web wep is working.

Say for instance avast main page in google's search engine shows up green perfect! But under that is the forums and it is gray. *This experience is new to me*

on page 2 of this thread boombastik has explained my issue....  *this is new to me* 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 02:39:48 AM by derry »

The_ChamP

Updated from the previous beta build..everything running smoothly

Fer34

Webrep interferes with the operation of Wot in Google and Twitter.

Google appear two Webrep icons in each search and none of Wot, Twitter does not appear no icon in the links.

Temporarily disable Webrep and Wot works normally.

Happens with Firefox 4

Sorry for the bad English.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 03:34:24 AM by Fer34 »

dagrev

Update via UI running OK thus far.

I noticed the server latency thing here too.  Never noticed it before that I know of.

Also notice some Web Rep indicators with Yellow not Green indicating low user votes.  I like the yellow for the first bar and would like to see it all the time if the first bar is only indicated.  
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 03:41:30 AM by dagrev »

Onix

A GUI bug in this build with Russian localization. Screenshot is attached.

imkhalid

cant manual update from avastGUI also it didn't prompt me for new version available.
i m using avast free 6.0.1000 on winxp pro sp2.

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
cant manual update from avastGUI also it didn't prompt me for new version available.

Because this version is a beta version. You are not notified if you use a regular version. But you can download the setup-file from here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=74515.msg617340#msg617340

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

imkhalid

Because this version is a beta version. You are not notified if you use a regular version. But you can download the setup-file from here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=74515.msg617340#msg617340

DJBone

thnx DJBONE

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Updated though GUI and all good on 2 win 7 64 bit systems  :)

Wondering when the script shield will be working with ie9 ?, i only use the 32 bit browser and no go yet  :(

SauDepp

Updated via GUI - everything works as it should :)

Beneath very little GUI error --> the correct word for "vote" within the german webrep box should be "Abstimmen" instead of "Stimmen".

Nevertheless a great product!!

Greets
S@uDepp

k.u.r.t

I found an issue. I am running windows xp home and the web rep will sometimes rate web pages on google and some times they will load gray sometimes i have to reload the page for it to turn green. Seems to be a bug for me.

some times on my searches on google and yahoo search engine 1 result green out of 10 will show then a reload the page and they are all green something is not right! I restarted my computer and cleared my cookies. 
Derry: is this occuring for IE or Firefox?

k.u.r.t

Webrep interferes with the operation of Wot in Google and Twitter.

Google appear two Webrep icons in each search and none of Wot, Twitter does not appear no icon in the links.

Temporarily disable Webrep and Wot works normally.

Happens with Firefox 4

Sorry for the bad English.
Again: IE or Firefox?