Author Topic: ** ANOTHER PRE-RELEASE BUILD NOW AVAILABLE [6.0.1044] - IS THIS THE LAST ONE? **  (Read 222100 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
@Igor, I'll BSOD my computer and upload the dump.
Uploading... The BSOD is clearly reproducible in my computer. It only occurs with the latest beta.
Tech.Memory.11.03.24.7z.001 and Tech.Memory.11.03.24.7z.002
Finished  ::)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 03:37:52 PM by Tech »
The best things in life are free.

Offline yonatan

• Avast team
A GUI bug in this build with Russian localization. Screenshot is attached.

thanks for reporting, will be fixed ASAP

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
What are the membership requirements to join A.P.A.N.O.S.?  ;D

You have to be over 18, as we like to watch dirty, orange pics. ;D
asyn (Unofficial APANOS member)

Sorry for OT. :-X
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Hermite15

What are the membership requirements to join A.P.A.N.O.S.?  ;D

Lol ;D

I just followed Logos' initiative, and he didn't complain so far ;)

Greetz, Red.

lol I didn't notice ;)

@charyb : visa and mastercards accepted :D

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum

Or dirty orange movies ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pernrd1NxsQ

( We need the OT topic back )

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

jrace

Gadget installed automatically when right clicking desktop and selecting gadgets. Didn't select Avast gadget to have it install. I closed the gadget and was unable to get it to show on the desktop again. Gadget does not show under gadget listing. Only way I found to have gadget listed is double clicking aswSidebar in the Avast folder.

Can anyone else duplicate this?

I have exactly the same issue. Once you click the gadget off the desktop it is gone not showing in gadget window and you have to restart it via avast! program folder "aswSidebar.gadget".
Complete new installation does not change the problem.

Sorry chaps I was a little too fast.

Doubleclicking the file "aswSidebar.gadget" installs the gadget into the win7 gadget window and it is accessible from there for the future.
Most likely the problem came up after I uninstalled the gadget from gadget window one time having trouble to kill it in version 6.0.1000.
Avast! installer since that time refused to install it back into the gadget window even during clean installation. Strange behaviour of the installer. ???

Problem solved for now. 8)

k.u.r.t

Since this version I also have the same trouble as many others reported here:
WebRep works all time fine in the toolbar of FF4. If you search with Google the WebRep symbol on the search results are allways grey while the symbol in the tool bar works ok.
If you than refresh the page WebRep on search results is indicating normal. If you search after that a different thing the whole procedure starts again!!!
There is no exception to this rule whatever you do. Even a new installation will not help.
Confirmed. Please find fix in the next release.

dagrev

WebRep works all time fine in the toolbar of FF4. If you search with Google the WebRep symbol on the search results are allways grey while the symbol in the tool bar works ok.
If you than refresh the page WebRep on search results is indicating normal. If you search after that a different thing the whole procedure starts again!!!
There is no exception to this rule whatever you do. Even a new installation will not help.

I'm having this sometimes.  Never noticed it before the last update.  Refresh for some reason turns the grey ones green. 

Hermite15

breaking news: declaring free membership until Avast 7 release day (as long as you swear to never ask for V6 custom skins :D )

... hmm... I guess we'll have to change the acronym if they change the color (on V7) ???

ps: okay I swear, no more OT :-X

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster

I'm having this sometimes.  Never noticed it before the last update.  Refresh for some reason turns the grey ones green. 

Confirmed here.

I use NoScript with Firefox, and don't normally allow JavaScript on Google or Yahoo.   Google results on refresh would show the various green or red WebRep ratings, but never yellow without JavaScript.  Yahoo results wouldn't even show the WebRep URL icons (regardless of color) unless JavaScript was enabled for Yahoo.  JavaScript must be enabled for the WebRep pop-up to appear when hovering over a WebRep icon in the results pages.

AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
Installed this beta and running smoothy. No BSOD's. Thank you!
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

reisender67

Confirmed here.

Win7 64Bit
Firefox 4.0
Avast Free 6.0.1044

Greetings
reisender

Nesivos

I was able to restore Safe Zone on both my Desktops without having to uninstall.

As result I was able to identify and delineate what appear to be two bugs with Safe Zone when using a dual monitor setup.  See Topic "Display Problems With Safe Zone"

Onix

thanks for reporting, will be fixed ASAP
Ok,will wait.

Offline jason7619

I don't think this will be the last Pre-release build of v6.0.1044 I'm sure their will be more problems along the way and the next version will come out again ;)
I tend to agree with that also....problems are posted for every build then only some get help/attention..the others I do not know if their gonna get some help or not...not my two cents but a fact here.
Avast IS 19.8  /  Malwarebytes Premium / Windows 10 x64 Build 1903 / AMD A10 Processor desktop with R9 Graphics 32GB Ram.