Author Topic: ** ANOTHER PRE-RELEASE BUILD NOW AVAILABLE [6.0.1044] - IS THIS THE LAST ONE? **  (Read 222140 times)

jrace

Since this version I also have the same trouble as many others reported here:
WebRep works all time fine in the toolbar of FF4. If you search with Google the WebRep symbol on the search results are allways grey while the symbol in the tool bar works ok.
If you than refresh the page WebRep on search results is indicating normal. If you search after that a different thing the whole procedure starts again!!!
There is no exception to this rule whatever you do. Even a new installation will not help.
Confirmed. Please find fix in the next release.

Thanks for the quick reply.   8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 01:53:37 PM by jrace »

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Writing this from safe zone -  ;D

Still no problems

Win7 SP1 64bit

Dch48

Updated free version from 1035 through the GUI. No problems but I didn't have any in 1035 either.

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Updated free version from 1035 through the GUI. No problems but I didn't have any in 1035 either.
Me neither. I didn't install it.

The last two betas are on all 5 computers.

The only thing 1044 did was put the lady's voice back. That was easy to deal with. ;D

printed on 100% recycled bytes

imkhalid

The only thing 1044 did was put the lady's voice back. That was easy to deal with. ;D

" The only thing 1044 did was put the lady's voice back. That was easy to deal with. ;D "

i was eagerly missing this after version 6.0.1000 released, also no popup in this very version even u set them to display, lady voice and popups were working till 5.1.889

Dch48

" The only thing 1044 did was put the lady's voice back. That was easy to deal with. ;D "

i was eagerly missing this after version 6.0.1000 released, also no popup in this very version even u set them to display, lady voice and popups were working till 5.1.889
Everything is working for me. The only problem I've had was in 6.0.1000 where the sandbox wasn't working right in XP. Everything has worked fine since 1021.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software

That is going to happen during any program update now. If you have your own sound files that you want to keep/use, don't overwrite the files in the corresponding language folder (e.g. 1033 for English), but rather create a new folder called "Custom" next to the language folders - and simply store your files there.

imkhalid

That is going to happen during any program update now. If you have your own sound files that you want to keep/use, don't overwrite the files in the corresponding language folder (e.g. 1033 for English), but rather create a new folder called "Custom" next to the language folders - and simply store your files there.

i m not hearing any sound in avast 6.0.1000 i.e. update, threat detected, etc ???
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 10:18:42 AM by imkhalid »

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!

i m not hearing any sound in avast 6.0.1000 i.e. update, threat detected, etc ???

1) Do you have English language activated & installed?
2) Check Settings>Sounds if the option "Use voiceover sounds" is checked
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster

I put the sound files in a special folder on all 5 of my computers plus put them on several CDs too.

The only one I care about is the data base update file.
printed on 100% recycled bytes

spg SCOTT

Thanks for that, need to change the tutorial a bit...though that is where a soundpack puts the files, and I think a sound pack can have just one sound in it. Also, a soundpack doesn't have problems with self defence and UAC ;)

imkhalid

i hav default language english and USE VOICEOVER SOUND is checked

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!

i hav default language english and USE VOICEOVER SOUND is checked

Try to repair avast! or reinstall English Language
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

mattburles

im rather happy with the 6.0.100 build right now so take your time with these new ones no hurry to release  :)

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
im rather happy with the 6.0.100 build right now so take your time with these new ones no hurry to release  :)
Why don't you get the latest pre-release? It fixes a lot of stuff and adding possiblity to remove Like Avast? button and URL to twitter when virus is found.