Author Topic: ** ANOTHER PRE-RELEASE BUILD NOW AVAILABLE [6.0.1044] - IS THIS THE LAST ONE? **  (Read 222097 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
im rather happy with the 6.0.100 build right now so take your time with these new ones no hurry to release  :)
Why don't you get the latest pre-release? It fixes a lot of stuff and adding possiblity to remove Like Avast? button and URL to twitter when virus is found.

Well to be honest if the 6.0.1000 build is working fine for a user and they have no issues or niggles, then there is zero point in them using the pre-release version unless they are ardent beta/pre-release users.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Dch48

im rather happy with the 6.0.100 build right now so take your time with these new ones no hurry to release  :)
Why don't you get the latest pre-release? It fixes a lot of stuff and adding possiblity to remove Like Avast? button and URL to twitter when virus is found.

Well to be honest if the 6.0.1000 build is working fine for a user and they have no issues or niggles, then there is zero point in them using the pre-release version unless they are ardent beta/pre-release users.
Agreed. I still have 6.0.1000 on the Vista machine and it has no issues at all. The only reason I tried the pre release on this machine was to see if the auto-sandbox would be fully operational on XP. It had issues in the 1000 build.

imkhalid

The only thing 1044 did was put the lady's voice back. That was easy to deal with. ;D

That is going to happen during any program update now. If you have your own sound files that you want to keep/use, don't overwrite the files in the corresponding language folder (e.g. 1033 for English), but rather create a new folder called "Custom" next to the language folders - and simply store your files there.

i m not hearing any sound in avast 6.0.1000 i.e. update, threat detected, etc ???

1) Do you have English language activated & installed?
2) Check Settings>Sounds if the option "Use voiceover sounds" is checked

i hav default language english and USE VOICEOVER SOUND is checked

Try to repair avast! or reinstall English Language

i hav reinstalled avast, i delete every old avast folder and registry, cleared registry with CCleaner and now the voices and popups are back

thnx for the help

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!

i hav reinstalled avast, i delete every old avast folder and registry, cleared registry with CCleaner and now the voices and popups are back

thnx for the help
You're welcome
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
Install over 6.0.1000 Free. So far no major problem. :)

Found a small gui glitch (avast! logo and "ウェブ評価" text are overlapped).
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
What browser? IE?

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
What browser? IE?
No, Firefox 3.6.16. Now I'm using FF on Vista SP2 machine.
But this also happens with IE8, like attached image.
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

osants911

Updated via the GUI and everything is working as expected here.  :)

mattburles

it's Saturday.. maybe we will get another build  :) ???

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
it's Saturday.. maybe we will get another build  :) ???
You can't expect one build per day. It's not so simple... BTW This is maybe last beta build (read topic subject)
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!

:) +!
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!

:) +!
6.0.1044 is without bugs (or with just small)

jrace

Today I tried the "AVAST! Screen Saver".

Started wonderfull but I noticed the scanner after it is finished it started all over again and did that over and over. A never ending story.  8)

Is this behaviour by design or is that a bug?
I would be satisfied when it scanned just once and that's it!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 06:20:17 PM by jrace »

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!

Started wonderfull but I noticed the scanner after it is finished it started all over again and did that over and over.

Another option is to schedule a scan. And... yes it will continue to scan until you do something on your pc.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!

Started wonderfull but I noticed the scanner after it is finished it started all over again and did that over and over.

Another option is to schedule a scan. And... yes it will continue to scan until you do something on your pc.
You can uncheck the tick "Loop scanning"