Author Topic: ** ANOTHER PRE-RELEASE BUILD NOW AVAILABLE [6.0.1044] - IS THIS THE LAST ONE? **  (Read 222107 times)

jrace

Today I tried the "AVAST! Screen Saver".

Started wonderfull but I noticed the scanner after it is finished it started all over again and did that over and over.

Is this behaviour by design or is that a bug?
I would be satisfied when it scanned just once and that's it!
Another option is to schedule a scan. And... yes it will continue to scan until you do something on your pc.
You can uncheck the tick "Loop scanning"

Ups, that's what I always say: people who are able to read have an enormous advantage.  ;D ;D ;D  I found it under settings.
Thanks!

softwaremaniac

Hello,I was just wondering is there a way to update Avast Free 6.0.1044 offline on a laptop with no internet connection? Thank You for Your response.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
(RESOLVED)
Anyone else having SafeZone Server Issues??

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=74765.msg618972#msg618972
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 05:29:13 PM by schmidthouse »

jrace

Hello,I was just wondering is there a way to update Avast Free 6.0.1044 offline on a laptop with no internet connection? Thank You for Your response.

For virus update see:   http://www.avast.com/download-update

« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 09:06:51 PM by jrace »

softwaremaniac

I have already tried that and it doesn't work it reports an error that says that only version 6.0.1000 is supported.

jrace

I have already tried that and it doesn't work it reports an error that says that only version 6.0.1000 is supported.

Seems they support only released version like the 6.0.1000.
Version 6.0.1044 is a "Pre-Release".
Just wait a few days and the new release will be available. If you install that one everything should be working.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 11:51:05 PM by jrace »

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
Screen brightness drops when I switch to SafeZone.
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2011, 10:44:09 AM »
I don't know if this is specific to 6.0.1044 because I have not tried it with earlier versions.

XP SP3 - nVidia 7600 - dual monitors

When I switch to SafeZone the video output signal apparently drops on both monitors so that the screens appear dull grey and stay that way until Windows is restarted.
Also, both the mouse pointer and/or the flashing insertion point within the text box become invisible (compare attached images and note that screen capture does not show the dullness).

The screens flash at full brightness briefly when I switch back and forth between SZ and normal but a restart is the only cure.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 11:26:18 AM by Vladimyr »
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

DavidCo

Vladimyr

Are you on the latest graphics drivers (266.58)
I had a similar issue but with IE8
There are some other post around about greying out and 'freezing'

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Vladimyr

Are you on the latest graphics drivers (266.58)
I had a similar issue but with IE8
There are some other post around about greying out and 'freezing'

Latest nvidia driver is 267.76

DavidCo

Must be different in AU
I don't see that one for XP + 7600 ;)

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
Thanks guys.
Seems 266.58 is the latest XP compatible release.
I'll try it later today.
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Must be different in AU
I don't see that one for XP + 7600 ;)
Yes i was forgetting the xp part, 266.58 is the latest for that sorry.
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us   :)

[HUN]kranazoli

Since this version I also have the same trouble as many others reported here:
WebRep works all time fine in the toolbar of FF4. If you search with Google the WebRep symbol on the search results are allways grey while the symbol in the tool bar works ok.
If you than refresh the page WebRep on search results is indicating normal. If you search after that a different thing the whole procedure starts again!!!
There is no exception to this rule whatever you do. Even a new installation will not help.

I'm having this sometimes.  Never noticed it before the last update.  Refresh for some reason turns the grey ones green. 

Me too. I can also confirm this issue(bug). Just for this release. Please fix it!

Thanks! Zoli from Hungary.

jrace

Since this version I also have the same trouble as many others reported here:
WebRep works all time fine in the toolbar of FF4. If you search with Google the WebRep symbol on the search results are allways grey while the symbol in the tool bar works ok.
If you than refresh the page WebRep on search results is indicating normal. If you search after that a different thing the whole procedure starts again!!!
There is no exception to this rule whatever you do. Even a new installation will not help.

I'm having this sometimes.  Never noticed it before the last update.  Refresh for some reason turns the grey ones green.  

Me too. I can also confirm this issue(bug). Just for this release. Please fix it!

Thanks! Zoli from Hungary.

Please read reply from "k.u.r.t", Reply #81 !!!   http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=74515.75

« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 11:22:57 AM by jrace »

Hermite15

lol the WebRep thread, I thought we're testing an AV here ;D

edit: must have downloaded some sort of trojan that re-directed me to the wrong forums ???
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 11:30:59 AM by Logos »