Author Topic: ** ANOTHER PRE-RELEASE BUILD NOW AVAILABLE [6.0.1044] - IS THIS THE LAST ONE? **  (Read 223196 times)

jrace

lol the WebRep thread, I thought we're testing an AV here ;D

edit: must have downloaded some sort of trojan that re-directed me to the wrong forums ???

Up to now I had the impression WebRep is not a "Stand Alone" program but just an integer part of avast! AV.
Anyway it seems to be more or less one of the last problems with this build.

Hermite15

lol the WebRep thread, I thought we're testing an AV here ;D

edit: must have downloaded some sort of trojan that re-directed me to the wrong forums ???

Up to now I had the impression WebRep is not a "Stand Alone" program but just an integer part of avast! AV.
Anyway it seems to be more or less one of the last problems with this build.

thanks for the heads up ;D

Offline hectic-mmv

Will you fix problems between Sunblet Counterspy drivers and Avast Internet Security sandbox? I always get BSOD when I open internet browser in sandbox mode.

Even in this build?

Unfortunately -I still have problems between Sunblet Counterspy and Avast Internet Security sandbox.

Thank you.

Bye. Lep pozdrav :)

Please, what OS type and Sunblet Counterspy do you have? Any other security software?

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Will you fix problems between Sunblet Counterspy drivers and Avast Internet Security sandbox? I always get BSOD when I open internet browser in sandbox mode.

Even in this build?

Unfortunately -I still have problems between Sunblet Counterspy and Avast Internet Security sandbox.

Thank you.

Please, what OS type and Sunblet Counterspy do you have? Any other security software?

Hi ;)

I have/use:

-WindowsXp Home-SP3
-Avast Internet Security (AIS) Beta ver (6.0.144)
-Sunbelt CounterSpy (SCS) ver (4.0.3904)
-SpywareTerminator without AV (ST) ver (2.8.2.192)
-SpywareBlaster-Free (SB) ver (4.4)
-ClearCloud

Thank you. :)

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
Thanks guys.
Seems 266.58 is the latest XP compatible release.
I'll try it later today.

The nVidia driver update has messed up the display of some windows, reversed the monitors for no apparent reason and hasn't solved the problem.:( I'm already thinking "rollback".
I just can't use SafeZone unless I first un-"attach" the Secondary monitor and then re-"attach" and re-align them afterwards.
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Is this update going to be released anytime soon? I'm asking because my avast! refuses to detect Firefox 4 as installed browser (even though i'm just typing this from Firefox).
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
By avast, you mean the WebRep specifically?

DavidCo

Vladimyr

I allways uninstall nVidia first, I think that is still the nVidia line

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
By avast, you mean the WebRep specifically?

Yeah, Webrep specifically.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

disPlay

Installed 6.0.1044 and everything went fine and smooth.

mattburles

Well the last build was on a Wednesday so maybe we will see the official release than or another beta :)

Dimas Arian

Hi everyone,

we will soon be releasing a new program update of avast. And as usual, we're making it available for public testing a few days before the official release.
Edit: now updated to build 6.0.1044.

This is hopefully going to be a smooth service release, designed really just to fix some of the issues of the original v6.0.1000 build.

Thanks
Vlk

I have just installed this version and found two bugs: 1) when starting my vista laptop the calendar & notes gadgets laid one upon the other and the avast popup didn´t show as I set it. 2) I run the option "analysis during start" and choose "restart computer" from inside avast but then the computer froze. I shut it with task manager and restarted. Avast did run the analysis. Other wise the program it´s running smoothly. I hope these bugs be solved for the stable version
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 06:51:13 AM by Dimas Arian »

Offline hectic-mmv

Even in this build?

Thank you.

Hi ;)

I have/use:

-WindowsXp Home-SP3
-Avast Internet Security (AIS) Beta ver (6.0.144)
-Sunbelt CounterSpy (SCS) ver (4.0.3904)
-SpywareTerminator without AV (ST) ver (2.8.2.192)
-SpywareBlaster-Free (SB) ver (4.4)
-ClearCloud

Thank you. :)

Hi JuninhoSlo,

please could you send memory dump to ftp.avast.com/incoming? On my systems counterspy works so there is other different condition why you are getting BSOD.

thanks a lot

imkhalid

eagerly waiting for stable build  :P  ;)

Hermite15

haven't seen a pre-release testing phase last so long so far ???