Author Topic: ** ANOTHER PRE-RELEASE BUILD NOW AVAILABLE [6.0.1044] - IS THIS THE LAST ONE? **  (Read 222981 times)

Hermite15

just re-installed the virtualization component in AIS, I wasn't prompted to reboot. No problem so far I can already sandbox what I want, but the sandbox section doesn't appear yet in Avast UI... probably needs a reboot.

Hermite15

I have a problem here with IE9/32 if set to always run sandboxed, it works one time out of a few tries if done from the shortcut in Windows startmenu (not a pinned icon, a real shortcut). At the opposite it works as expected with a desktop shortcut. There's no such issue with IE9/64 and other browsers.

Dch48

Just a question. Has there ever been a thought to have different sections of the forum for the different versions of Avast? I mean one for the free version, one for Pro, and one for AIS. Maybe the AIS and Pro could be combined. I'm just asking because sometimes it's hard to distinguish which version people are talking about when they report problems.

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
Just a question. Has there ever been a thought to have different sections of the forum for the different versions of Avast? I mean one for the free version, one for Pro, and one for AIS. Maybe the AIS and Pro could be combined. I'm just asking because sometimes it's hard to distinguish which version people are talking about when they report problems.

+1

I support this idea. Separate the Free and AIS/Pro Versions.
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
I'm wondering what's the show stopper for this build. It seems to take ages and it's now standing still for days. Is there some bigger issue that we're not aware of and is preventing avast! team from releasing this update?
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

DavidCo

I'm wondering what's the show stopper for this build. It seems to take ages and it's now standing still for days. Is there some bigger issue that we're not aware of and is preventing avast! team from releasing this update?

Perhaps there is a 'near fatal' hangover to recover from ;D

Hermite15

okay it's taking so much time, with no word from Avast explaining the reasons... I'm taking for granted that build 1044 is the new stable build and consider this pre-release testing phase terminated ::)

ps: this was just a bit of provocation, but seriously, what's up ???

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
...but seriously, what's up ???

Spring tiredness. ;D
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Catch hold of rednose for info on such things ;)

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
I am sorry,  but I have no clue either this time :-\

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
I will see if I can get some info (  Maybe it's a good excuse to call Julia ;) )

Greetz, Red.

Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

mattburles

there has to be some severe bug preventing them from release.. its been over a week since the last build now.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
This is the long beta phase I have ever seen in avast... No updates whatsoever...
Where are you guys? :'(
The best things in life are free.

DBone

1044 is running here smooth as silk.............Take your time guys, and get it right!

mattburles

i wonder if this has anything to do with it taking so long to get the official build out..

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=75006.0
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 03:25:57 AM by mattburles »