Author Topic: ** ANOTHER PRE-RELEASE BUILD NOW AVAILABLE [6.0.1044] - IS THIS THE LAST ONE? **  (Read 222136 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Well now that it is after the end of March I rather doubt that. Being the first to report this problem in the forums on the 29th March; the area has been identified (relating to the workaround), so they have at the very least until next month and probably next year when the DST/BST changes again to find this bug and squash it.

So I would say it has to be something else, but I don't think it will be that long before another refresh. Though they may want to squash this and include it in the next refresh/release to avoid too frequent program updates.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
There are 2 or 3 issues left they're working on, I believe.
- scheduling bug
- slow pdf scan on x64 systems
- slow boot-time scan on x64 systems

Maybe minor things, but they should be corrected. Other than that, the 1044 is running just perfectly IMHO.
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

imkhalid

OFF-TOPIC
don't scan more than 100mb files, how could i do it???
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 11:57:57 AM by imkhalid »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<

Not sure, what you mean.
No problem with big files here...
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
- scheduling bug

I believe I fixed the scheduler bug, and PDFs don't have anything to do with any particular build of version of avast.
I'd say the reason is more likely connected to a few developers, including Vlk, being in US, probably testing something at Microsoft.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62
- scheduling bug

I believe I fixed the scheduler bug, and PDFs don't have anything to do with any particular build of version of avast.
I'd say the reason is more likely connected to a few developers, including Vlk, being in US, probably testing something at Microsoft.

Igor, is someone looking in the pdf-topic and the extralong boot-time scan on x64?
Free MBAM Clear

imkhalid

Not sure, what you mean.
No problem with big files here...

i mean that in avira there is an option that if a file is more than 100mb dont scan it.
i hav some HQ(2800x2200)pictures on usb every time i scan it with avast it takes too much time on that folder
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 12:07:25 PM by imkhalid »

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62
My simple way would be to save those extrabig files in a special folder and add that folder to the exclusion list.

Not very elegant maybe, but that should do the trick?
Free MBAM Clear

imkhalid

My simple way would be to save those extrabig files in a special folder and add that folder to the exclusion list.

Not very elegant maybe, but that should do the trick?
yeah this could be done but some times pics do contains viruses but i think an infected file wouldn't be biggerthan 100mb

one more thing, i hav WinXPpro, 2.4ghz proccessor,256mb ram- is it my PC's problem that pics folder scanning is slow?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 12:15:54 PM by imkhalid »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
i hav some HQ(2800x2200)pictures on usb every time i scan it with avast it takes too much time on that folder

Disconnect usb (or exclude it, as ZS said), if you don't want it scanned. ;)
Btw, you're OT here...!!!
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
but i think an infected file wouldn't be biggerthan 100mb

Usually, no... but as far as I remember some talks on AV conferences, the biggest seen infected samples were close to 1GB.
After all, a huge installer can also be infected by a file infector.

imkhalid

i unders
but i think an infected file wouldn't be biggerthan 100mb

Usually, no... but as far as I remember some talks on AV conferences, the biggest seen infected samples were close to 1GB.
After all, a huge installer can also be infected by a file infector.
thnx to all for replying on OFF-TOPIC issue

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot

NP, imkhalid..!
But next time please open a new topic for such questions. Thanks.

imkhalid

NP, imkhalid..!
But next time please open a new topic for such questions. Thanks.

i was thinking about that but it was a very small question and i thought that if i start a thread about a very small topic that wouldn't be good
but next time i'll do as u told

chabbo

i cant update to 6.0.1044

i have 6.0.1000 but i did downlowad the lastest from here, i Test Gui update no work either.

its not working either on my laptop or my fresh Reinstalled windows 7 64-bit