Author Topic: ** ANOTHER PRE-RELEASE BUILD NOW AVAILABLE [6.0.1044] - IS THIS THE LAST ONE? **  (Read 222954 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
...just asking because I hate to keep on biting my finger nails.

Use gloves. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62

Use gloves. ;)

There's also a liquid you can put on the nails that makes them taste very nasty and bitter. Parents use it for their children. Don't know the name, you can surely google for it...  ;D
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
Yet another bug.... When i run quick scan or full scan or any scan from GUI and close the UI of avast then a notification comes near system tray displaying the scan progress...
So after scan being completed i close that notification but when I right click on avast sys tray icon and then click on show  last popup message it shows screenshot 1st and when I click resume or any button then it shows screenshot 2nd.

Any valuable comments please...

Regards
Ash
Windows 7 Ultimate(32 bit), avast! free (always latest released or beta), Intel Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5,IE 9,TuneUp Utilities 2011,Diskeeper 2011

http://www.incredibleindia.org 

Caution! Online world is full of man made Aliens

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
Is it the same behaviour when you wait for the pop-up closing automatically, without clicking the x?
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
So sad to say yes...
Windows 7 Ultimate(32 bit), avast! free (always latest released or beta), Intel Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5,IE 9,TuneUp Utilities 2011,Diskeeper 2011

http://www.incredibleindia.org 

Caution! Online world is full of man made Aliens

Hermite15

safezone doesn't work anymore...I mean I can open it, but the browser wouldn't launch, not even by clicking on the shortcut there.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Hi Logos I just tried that and experienced the same problem - I opened the GUI and reset safe zone, then re-entered and it worked  ???

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
Sounds like this problem ???

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=72566.0

Greets, Red.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:23:37 PM by Rednose »
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Hermite15

Hi Logos I just tried that and experienced the same problem - I opened the GUI and reset safe zone, then re-entered and it worked  ???

thanks, the problem is that I didn't install SafeZone during the initial setup, I added it later, and now I realize that I don't have any SafeZone tab in Avast UI ??? ... so I can't reset it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:49:31 PM by Logos »

Hermite15

okay I could solve it. No idea how that happened, as said I could launch the SZ from the gadget button but no browser launching and the browser shortcut there lost its icon + no SZ tab in Avast UI.

So I checked the change menu from the uninstall entry and SafeZone appeared there as not installed ??? I checked the SZ entry, rebooted and now it works again as expected.

edit: the browser starts now automatically when launching the SZ, but minimized, no big deal.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 12:09:06 AM by Logos »

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster

Use gloves. ;)

There's also a liquid you can put on the nails that makes them taste very nasty and bitter. Parents use it for their children. Don't know the name, you can surely google for it...  ;D
I think "bitter apple" is one of them.

I wonder if Vlk has any.;D
printed on 100% recycled bytes

DavidCo

Bitter almond oil
This has the cyanide removed :o

privateofcourse

No problems here updating from 1000. Although I noticed that Avast still won't sandbox a second instance of Firefox (v4) if the first instance isn't already sandboxed.

dagrev

Avast is now detecting it's definition files as locked and cannot be scanned.  I know there's no need to scan them, but this is new.  Maybe a new definition will change that.  Whatever it is it's not happened before and I've changed nothing.

Hermite15

Avast is now detecting it's definition files as locked and cannot be scanned.  I know there's no need to scan them, but this is new.  Maybe a new definition will change that.  Whatever it is it's not happened before and I've changed nothing.

mind to explain? screen shot ? talking about Avast program folder? what?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 01:50:12 PM by Logos »