Author Topic: ** ANOTHER PRE-RELEASE BUILD NOW AVAILABLE [6.0.1044] - IS THIS THE LAST ONE? **  (Read 223217 times)

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
Avast is now detecting it's definition files as locked and cannot be scanned.  I know there's no need to scan them, but this is new.  Maybe a new definition will change that.  Whatever it is it's not happened before and I've changed nothing.
Maybe VPS update was occurred during scanning. No need to worry, I think... :)
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

dagrev

mind to explain? screen shot ? talking about Avast program folder? what?
[/quote]

I referring to the scan results window where you can repair, delete, etc.  It simply showed that that six files could not be scanned.  The error message was: "Error: The system cannot find the path specified (3)"

Sorry I'm not good a screen shots.  I guess I've never found a good, easy and free program.

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62

I guess I've never found a good, easy and free program.

There is one integrated in Win 7...  8)
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

dagrev

There is one integrated in Win 7...  8)

I've done the print screen and the copy to a paint program once.  Seems awkward.  Maybe I used the wrong thing.  Care to enlighten?

dagrev

Ran a scan just on that folder and it was fine with no files not scanned. 

YoKenny

Sorry I'm not good a screen shots.  I guess I've never found a good, easy and free program.
Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Use-Snipping-Tool-to-capture-screen-shots

Then Additional Options... then Attach: and Browse... to where you save the capured images preferably in the Pictures folder.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62

There is one integrated in Win 7...  8)

I've done the print screen and the copy to a paint program once.  Seems awkward.  Maybe I used the wrong thing.  Care to enlighten?

I'll be delighted to enlighten you, however, ATM I'm at the office where we only have XP available, and I don't know by heart where exactly the snipping tool is found in Win 7.
Maybe just search a little in "accessories" - I really don't know the name right now.
Maybe someone else will step in, otherwise I'll be on my system in about 3 hrs.  8)
Free MBAM Clear

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62
Free MBAM Clear

doktornotor

Did not really feel the need to screen capture utilities personally. Alt+PrintScreen for the active window, do whatever you want to do with it. MS Paint is just about enough for purposes of attaching a screenshot to this forum.

YoKenny

Maybe just search a little in "accessories" - I really don't know the name right now.
Maybe someone else will step in, otherwise I'll be on my system in about 3 hrs.  8)
I'm at home and you click on the Start icon in the lower left then either select the Snipping tool or type it into the Search programs and files window.

YoKenny

Did not really feel the need to screen capture utilities personally. Alt+PrintScreen for the active window, do whatever you want to do with it. MS Paint is just about enough for purposes of attaching a screenshot to this forum.
That's like using a sledge hammer to kill a flea!  ;)

doktornotor

Dunno, it takes about half a minute to do what I need this way.

P.S. End of off-topic debate.  :P

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62

I really prefer the snipping tool. Let's you capture only the stuff you want to show, you can mark and draw easyly very quick. And since it ships with Win 7...  ;D
Free MBAM Clear

dagrev

Snipping tool is great!  Thanks for the education.  I love feeling a little less stupid!

YoKenny

Snipping tool is great!  Thanks for the education.  I love feeling a little less stupid!
If I don't learn somthing every day its a wasted day.  ;)