Author Topic: ** ANOTHER PRE-RELEASE BUILD NOW AVAILABLE [6.0.1044] - IS THIS THE LAST ONE? **  (Read 223012 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Avast is now detecting it's definition files as locked and cannot be scanned.  I know there's no need to scan them, but this is new.  Maybe a new definition will change that.  Whatever it is it's not happened before and I've changed nothing.

Are you sure that it is saying locked and can't be scanned ?
That isn't an error/notice that I'm familiar with, normally that would be an access denied notice.

My guess is you are getting a can't be found reason for not being scanned:
If so - Nothing to worry about, those are old virus definitions folders and avast is doing some housecleaning to keep the size used on the hard disk to a minimum. This just happens to have occurred between the time you started the scan and it reaching that old defs folder.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

dagrev

Avast is now detecting it's definition files as locked and cannot be scanned.  I know there's no need to scan them, but this is new.  Maybe a new definition will change that.  Whatever it is it's not happened before and I've changed nothing.

Are you sure that it is saying locked and can't be scanned ?
That isn't an error/notice that I'm familiar with, normally that would be an access denied notice.

My guess is you are getting a can't be found reason for not being scanned:
If so - Nothing to worry about, those are old virus definitions folders and avast is doing some housecleaning to keep the size used on the hard disk to a minimum. This just happens to have occurred between the time you started the scan and it reaching that old defs folder.

I no longer have the initial popup summery, just the log.  It doesn't say anything about being locked, so it's possible I misread what I first saw.  The rest of the error message is as described.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
In that case as mentioned, nothing to worry about.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

brenda556

I really hope an update comes out soon because this bug with web rep is annoying..... I guess time is virtue but this is really dragging.

Dch48

I guess I've never found a good, easy and free program.

There is one integrated in Win 7...  8)

I've done the print screen and the copy to a paint program once.  Seems awkward.  Maybe I used the wrong thing.  Care to enlighten?
I just do a print screen and then paste into Irfanview and crop it and save it with maybe a sharpening done. Works as well as a seperate program for me.

I do agree that WebRep is not as important as problems with the main core of Avast! I don't even use it myself, or anything like it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 11:04:28 PM by Dch48 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
<snip>
I just do a print screen and then paste into Irfanview and crop it and save it with maybe a sharpening done. Works as well as a seperate program for me.

I do agree that WebRep is not as important as problems with the main core of Avast! I don't even use it myself, or anything like it.

I always found the Auto Adjust Colors in irfanview worked well in reducing the file size also.

g0dsends

These builds are getting better and better best anti - virus out there easyly  :D :D :D

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
ie-java sandbox issue on 64 bit still isnt fixed.i guess im beating a dead horse with this issue.

imkhalid

issues should be resolve regarding WEBREP but why is WEBREP is so important to avast its creating hell of a problems in every build i know that one day it will be smooth and stable.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 10:23:45 AM by imkhalid »

Yance

i don't know why, but i never got any problem with webrep in my computer's performance.

imkhalid

i don't know why, but i never got any problem with webrep in my computer's performance.
in some cases u r right but if u go through this forum u will see more WEBREP issues than any others

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
in some cases u r right but if u go through this forum u will see more WEBREP issues than any others

There are 125.000.000 Avast users.
Let's say 5% updated to V6 = 6.250.000
Let's say 5% of those have a WebRep problem = 312.500
Let's say 1% of those make it to this forum to complaint = 3.125

We have not seen this number by far - if that was a really common problem, the forum would be flooded.
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

ArtemisF0wl

We have not seen this number by far - if that was a really common problem, the forum would be flooded.

+1 Nice

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<

Good math & good point...! :)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

tonio034

Can't wait to have it !