Author Topic: ** ANOTHER PRE-RELEASE BUILD NOW AVAILABLE [6.0.1044] - IS THIS THE LAST ONE? **  (Read 222906 times)

BarryB

Good luck with CIS and stable releases.

Just came back to see what progress has been made on Avast and so far nothing unfortunatley! As to that comment DavidR, CIS has been running without incident for me so it's stability is just fine, I've run their firewall for over a year and never had a problem with that either. If wasn't for the Web Shield in Avast blocking web access I'd still be using Avast today!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
That might well be the case for you now, but their forums have had such reports of instability in their beta and release builds, some have even come to avast because of that. So really nothing different, the grass is always greener, etc. etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

BarryB

That might well be the case for you now, but their forums have had such reports of instability in their beta and release builds, some have even come to avast because of that. So really nothing different, the grass is always greener, etc. etc.

As is the case with Avast! Something will always screw up and cause problems for a few people, unfortunately it's Avasts turn with me, C'est la vie!!

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
I enabled Silent Gaming mode by right clicking the avast icon and clicking Silent gaming mode in that icon menu. Then I Opened up Avast to see this when i went to turn it off. (see pics)  I'm guessing this is a bug?
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

simonk83

Well, this release still hasn't fixed the SMB issues.   I've had enough.  Avast used to be so good, but now it's all focused on add-ons no-one will use anyway (hello WebRep).   Get back to basics guys, you're an anti-virus program.

sandeep108

Well, this release still hasn't fixed the SMB issues.   I've had enough.  Avast used to be so good, but now it's all focused on add-ons no-one will use anyway (hello WebRep).   Get back to basics guys, you're an anti-virus program.
I agree. Avast is concentrating too much on additional features and add-ons. I would want only a light weight but strong anti-virus program really. If I wanted sandboxing, I would use sandboxie. I don't even care about a gadget.

Please reduce bloat/load on system and update the definitions every 2 hours if required, rather than get bogged down in features/add-ons.

You guys are doing very well, v6 is certainly a great improvement, but think of how much more could have been done.

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
avast! is making a environment for virus free computing this web rep addon will have a great function in near future. And Sandbox is very important as I listen to vlk interview few days ago....
The only thing I want to change in avast is its UI, which it should either change or give us an option for that...
Rest avast is the best... You don't believe I have installed avast 6 times from scratch in just a week. The reason is I wanted a antivirus with good UI but I find just UI in other antivirus nothing else... I came back to avast because its so light on resources and just the best.

The people working there (developer and vlk) are constantly thinking about our safety and ways to keep us safe...
Windows 7 Ultimate(32 bit), avast! free (always latest released or beta), Intel Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5,IE 9,TuneUp Utilities 2011,Diskeeper 2011

http://www.incredibleindia.org 

Caution! Online world is full of man made Aliens

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
What SMB issues? The missing files were fixed there.
Can you be more specific please?

As for the "how much more could have been done"... nice phrase, but doesn't say anything at all.
The virus lab and developers are two different groups of people - mixing them together doesn't make much sense (even if you thought the additional features are not relevant, which we certainly don't).
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 09:38:15 AM by igor »

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
Well I don't think I mentioned Virus lab here I said vlk, and I hope he is CTO of avast...
May be I am wrong
Windows 7 Ultimate(32 bit), avast! free (always latest released or beta), Intel Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5,IE 9,TuneUp Utilities 2011,Diskeeper 2011

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
Well I don't think I mentioned Virus lab here I said vlk, and I hope he is CTO of avast...
May be I am wrong

Igors remark was not in response to yours.  8)

What he was trying to say (I believe) is that development of new features has no impact whatsoever on virus lab work and consequently does not affect the virus def update intervals and / or quality in any way.
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
ooooookkkkkk I got it wrong then... Sorry....
I think that avast people are planning something bigger this time for us... Because I can't figure out any other reason for delay in next build. I wish that next build will come and this forum will become dry of posts and threads. Bcoz there will not be errors bla bla bla things any more....

Just wishing and waiting.......

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
... this forum will become dry of posts and threads. Bcoz there will not be errors...

ha ha ha... Even Avast devs are no wizards. The do the impossible, sometimes, but miracles won't happen.  ;D
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
Boys, be a little patient ;)

Ondrej was traveling, and came back last Sunday, and Petr is still traveling and will come back tomorrow ( Saturday ). So the CTO and a Senior Developer ( were ) away, and the fact that they want to add WebRep for Chrome can explain the delay :)

Greetz, Red.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 04:19:20 PM by Rednose »
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

mokkaman

checking this thread everyday in hope of getting new version.. cant wait :) can i subscribe to new version notification by email ? if so tell me, it would be of great help  :P

Nesivos

Since you didn't provide a link I am assuming (yea I know what can happen when you assume something :) that you are referring to the System Management Bus and connection problems with Avast. SMB is known to have a short fuse withe respect to its timeout feature and this could be causing a connection problem.

On the other hand you could be referring to Server Message Block otherwise known as MSFT Windows Network or even San Miguel Beer. ;D

Please clarify.