Author Topic: ** ANOTHER PRE-RELEASE BUILD NOW AVAILABLE [6.0.1044] - IS THIS THE LAST ONE? **  (Read 222132 times)

Nesivos

You guys probably eat to much fast food. ;D

You must learn to wait. :)

Seriously.

Everyone who knows anything about writing and updating software code knows that it will get done when it gets done.

Regression analysis has no predictive value when it comes to future software releases, beta or otherwise.

#Pause

« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 05:25:48 PM by Nesivos »

Hermite15

You guys probably eat to much fast food. ;D

You must learn to wait. :)

Seriously.

Everyone who knows anything about writing and updating software code knows that it will get done when it gets done.

Regression analysis has no predictive value when it comes to future software releases, beta or otherwise.

#Pause

regression analysis hey ;D ::)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
A man without past is a man without future.
So a software company :)
The best things in life are free.

mattburles

maybe we are getting avast 6.1   ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Good shot :)

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster

We will see ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
For sanities sake guys, stop the speculation, be patient and stop spamming this already massive topic with this speculation, etc. etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
For sanities sake guys, stop the speculation, be patient and stop spamming this already massive topic with this speculation, etc. etc.
Sorry David.

Jack 1000

avast! is making a environment for virus free computing this web rep addon will have a great function in near future. And Sandbox is very important as I listen to vlk interview few days ago....
The only thing I want to change in avast is its UI, which it should either change or give us an option for that...
Rest avast is the best... You don't believe I have installed avast 6 times from scratch in just a week. The reason is I wanted a antivirus with good UI but I find just UI in other antivirus nothing else... I came back to avast because its so light on resources and just the best.

The people working there (developer and vlk) are constantly thinking about our safety and ways to keep us safe...

Cosign!

If you don't want WebRep you can uninstall it.  If you don't want Sandboxing, you can turn it off.  No one is forced to take those features, but they are there if you want them.  I posted the shortcomings of Web Rep, but also it's potential in another thread, where the main factor remains giving it time to develop.

Avast is still lighter on resources than so much of the competition.  I mean maybe MSE may be lighter, but it doesn't have Avast's power, heuristic scanning, sandboxing, or multiple daily updates.  Still thrilled how Avast puts out most often 2-3 updates a day, checking every four hours, and the free competition only does it once every 24 hours. (or reboot.)

Avast is the clear winner here.  The free version has more power than most of the paid products competition, and is lighter on resources than the paid products competition as well!

This is the best AV without question!

Jack

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
avast! is making a environment for virus free computing this web rep addon will have a great function in near future. And Sandbox is very important as I listen to vlk interview few days ago....
The only thing I want to change in avast is its UI, which it should either change or give us an option for that...
Rest avast is the best... You don't believe I have installed avast 6 times from scratch in just a week. The reason is I wanted a antivirus with good UI but I find just UI in other antivirus nothing else... I came back to avast because its so light on resources and just the best.

The people working there (developer and vlk) are constantly thinking about our safety and ways to keep us safe...

Cosign!

If you don't want WebRep you can uninstall it.  If you don't want Sandboxing, you can turn it off.  No one is forced to take those features, but they are there if you want them.  I posted the shortcomings of Web Rep, but also it's potential in another thread, where the main factor remains giving it time to develop.

Avast is still lighter on resources than so much of the competition.  I mean maybe MSE may be lighter, but it doesn't have Avast's power, heuristic scanning, sandboxing, or multiple daily updates.  Still thrilled how Avast puts out most often 2-3 updates a day, checking every four hours, and the free competition only does it once every 24 hours. (or reboot.)

Avast is the clear winner here.  The free version has more power than most of the paid products competition, and is lighter on resources than the paid products competition as well!

Jack

I wonder when did I say I want to uninstall Webrep  ??? ???
I admired the auto sandbox here...
If you can read above I wrote "I came back to avast because its so light on resources and just the best."
I hope you understand the meaning of "best"??
If not let me tell you BEST is a superlative degree...If I am not wrong..

Either my English is very bad.. or may be I unlucky that nobody here understands my words...
I can't understand why some people are making me feel as if I am posting wrong thing :(

Sorry If I hurt someone's feeling
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 12:59:29 PM by Ashish Singh »
Windows 7 Ultimate(32 bit), avast! free (always latest released or beta), Intel Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5,IE 9,TuneUp Utilities 2011,Diskeeper 2011

http://www.incredibleindia.org 

Caution! Online world is full of man made Aliens

acuariano

have problem updating the definitions today in free version.

YoKenny

have problem updating the definitions today in free version.
No problem here.

Please start your own topic by using NEW TOPIC in http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2.0

Also Go to PROFILE then Modify Profile then Forum Profile Information  then update your Signature: with information like my signature as this helps the helpers offer pertinent advice.

jrace

The longer it lasts, the sharper the weapons are gonna get  ;D ?

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62

Either my English is very bad..

I'm afraid so.
Jack 1000's post started with the word "cosign" which I would locate to be within the big group of "approval".  ::)
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Jack 1000

Cosign!

Jack

I wonder when did I say I want to uninstall Webrep  ??? ???
I admired the auto sandbox here...
If you can read above I wrote "I came back to avast because its so light on resources and just the best."
I hope you understand the meaning of "best"??
If not let me tell you BEST is a superlative degree...If I am not wrong..

Either my English is very bad.. or may be I unlucky that nobody here understands my words...
I can't understand why some people are making me feel as if I am posting wrong thing :(

Sorry If I hurt someone's feeling

I'm sorry,

I think I quoted the wrong poster here!  My response above was intended to be a comment to the poster who had said that Avast was getting to have too many add-ons like Web Rep.  And my response was to say that if you don't like Web Rep, you can uninstall it.  This was not intended for Ashish!  My apologies!

I don't have time to go back and look for the exact quote, but I wanted to clarify, because the way I wrote that original post seems awkward.  Sorry!

Jack