Author Topic: ** ANOTHER PRE-RELEASE BUILD NOW AVAILABLE [6.0.1044] - IS THIS THE LAST ONE? **  (Read 222131 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
I hope they fix the auto-sandbox, not user-friendly and keeps alerting when installing updates and legitimate programs. Also when a program runs in auto-sandbox, its hard to tell if its actually running in auto-sandbox and whether the program has any malware characteristics.
This is autosandbox... If it is zero-noisy, it won't be doing its job.
If you want to reduce your protection, just disable it and you won't be warned at all.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
This is autosandbox... If it is zero-noisy, it won't be doing its job.
If you want to reduce your protection, just disable it and you won't be warned at all.

Or, set it to ask, so you can decide, what should happen next. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Isn't it the default (clean installations)?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
Isn't it the default (clean installations)?

Don't think so, but maybe it got changed meanwhile..??
I did set it to ask on the first beta, where it was available.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Who's right then? http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=76245.0

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
Who's right then? http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=76245.0

Well, they're talking about the final version there. ;)
But honestly, I can also be wrong, that I had to set it to ask in the beta..??!
Not sure anymore, sorry.
But that's not the point, if Quadcore sets his to ask, it should work ok.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Which is the problem that we spoke about marking what are the default settings (* by the description of check box, etc.) so that the user knows they are default settings or there is no other way to tell.

Other than by resetting it to default settings in troubleshooting [6.0.1044], which is a bit severe if you just want to know what the defaults were. You might want to check something, but you don't want to completely reset defaults to find out.

Since there is no export or import settings function you would have to set all your custom settings, scans, exclusions, trusted processes, etc. etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62

Since there is no export or import settings function...

...what must be called a shame. That would really be useful. Whenever I have someone install Avast on his PC, I have to telephone / remote service him through all the settings. If I had an import-file readily available... *dream*
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal

...what must be called a shame. That would really be useful. Whenever I have someone install Avast on his PC, I have to telephone / remote service him through all the settings. If I had an import-file readily available... *dream*

Ya also helpful while installing avast from scratch... ;D
Windows 7 Ultimate(32 bit), avast! free (always latest released or beta), Intel Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5,IE 9,TuneUp Utilities 2011,Diskeeper 2011

http://www.incredibleindia.org 

Caution! Online world is full of man made Aliens

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks

Something we have been asking for for a considerable time, as long as we had been asking for a reset to defaults function to give a start point to resolve problems for those that are tweak crazy.

We got one wish but not the other.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
Since there is no export or import settings function you would have to set all your custom settings, scans, exclusions, trusted processes, etc. etc.

Dave, you're right and I already asked for this in the new '...', not much feedback from the devs, till now. :-\

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
How much longer do we have to wait for the final release and I'm getting worried about Avast trying to resolved their bug problem, can I ask Vlk or Igor for their current feedback please on how they are going :-\ :-\ :-\
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
How long - Until its ready, there really is little point in speculating or constantly asking when its going to be. When it is released you will have a pleasant surprise, just get one with your normal routine.

I'm sure you all have better things to do than keep asking the indeterminate question, how much longer, when will it be ready, etc. etc. etc. isn't going to make it happen any sooner.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Which is the problem that we spoke about marking what are the default settings (* by the description of check box, etc.) so that the user knows they are default settings or there is no other way to tell.
I'm not following this exactly. Will the * be only when the default are present? If you change the value the * disappears? Maybe this would require such a lot of GUI implementation...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
No it will be there for all time (until avast change any default value), to indicate that this is/was a default value. So fields without this indication aren't default values.

I don't believe it would take much to edit the screens as it wouldn't require any changes to translation as this would just be another image/object on the UI screen, see example.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 07:39:20 PM by DavidR »