Author Topic: Bootable  (Read 14897 times)

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
Re: Bootable
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2011, 03:32:56 PM »
Did you read my explanation ???

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

doktornotor

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2011, 03:42:25 PM »
Did you read my explanation ???

No, why? He is here to moan that he wants a free recovery CD for his business, not to listen to explanations.  :P

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2011, 03:45:41 PM »
And thats my exact point. I gave a list of companies which offer this feature for free. Why cant Avast?
Because none of them are Microsoft (Windows) based.
All of them are Linux based.
None of them offers a boot time scanning :)
The best things in life are free.

Dieselman

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2011, 03:53:19 PM »
And where did I say for my business? I did not. Get a clue people. Wow. Avast a great av but the forums support is garbage. No matter you flip the coin Avast needs to make a bootable usb version. Get with the times.

Non of you have any clue. Here is the senario. I install Avast on a customer's pc and show them how it works. I them create a bootable usb recovery tool from them so they can scan there pc with Avast if an emergency happens. I dont need this for myself. Thats why I use Kapersky Recovery CD. I have more then enough tools in my arsenal.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 03:59:20 PM by Dieselman »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2011, 04:04:28 PM »
Avast a great av but the forums support is garbage.
No, they're not. Just that your personal opinion is not prevailing here.
Seems you're trolling.

Non of you have any clue. Here is the senario. I install Avast on a customer's pc and show them how it works. I them create a bootable usb recovery tool from them so they can scan there pc with Avast if an emergency happens. I dont need this for myself. Thats why I use Kapersky Recovery CD. I have more then enough tools in my arsenal.
It's a good thing. We asked avast team a lot of times. But they could never fulfill our wishes and we can understand that.
Better is teaching a recovery policy (backups, etc.) for your users :)
The best things in life are free.

doktornotor

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2011, 04:07:12 PM »
And where did I say for my business?

In previous posts and even it this one:

Here is the senario. I install Avast on a customer's pc and show them how it works. I them create a bootable usb recovery tool from them so they can scan there pc with Avast if an emergency happens. I dont need this for myself. Thats why I use Kapersky Recovery CD. I have more then enough tools in my arsenal.

Yeah, so buy it for them and sell it to them. Heck, you can even become a reseller for Avast! :P Just quit moaning you want it for free. It uses Windows PE, will not happen.

Seems you're trolling.

Bingo.  ;)

Dieselman

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2011, 04:09:02 PM »
Dude....No where near trolling. No need to. I do tell people to use a System Image. Buying an external drive and keeping an image backup is the best insurance. But what about those who cannot afford to buy one? Think people. Also what if there image is out dated? Then all data will be lost which has not been backed up after the first initial backup. Wow................Keep the excuses coming people. My suggestion is advice to thw Avast tea. Thats all. No reasson to shot it down.

Man sure Avast doesnt pay you people to stick up for them? 5 other top companies do it. No reason Avast cannot.

doktornotor

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2011, 04:11:14 PM »
Quote from: Dieselman
Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan no i will NOT listen moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan gimme it for freeeeee moan moan moan for freeeee moan moan.

The RescueCD uses Windows PE. Avast needs to pay licensing fees to MS for that. Finally got it?!

Dieselman

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2011, 04:16:25 PM »
So Avast is cheap? Thats what your saying? Symantec,Kaspersky,Avira,AVG and Dr.Web all have more money then Avast? Come on now.

doktornotor

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2011, 04:18:23 PM »
So Avast is cheap? Thats what your saying? Symantec,Kaspersky,Avira,AVG and Dr.Web all have more money then Avast? Come on now.

No, Mr. Troll. They use Linux. Seeing your "expertise" on this matter, I am really happy I am not one of the unforunate customers of yours.

Dieselman

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2011, 04:22:57 PM »
So what your saying again is that Avast is to cheap to make a bootable usb version and or a cd version of Avast using Linux?  ::)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2011, 04:33:21 PM »
OK, I'd say that's enough.

Right now, avast! CD is what it is, call it a business decision if you wish.
Whether there will be a different version or platform, only time will show... but I really don't think it's a priority at the moment.

Technically, making a USB version isn't that hard - I moved my BART CD (3.0) onto a USB stick and it works. [OK, had to make a small fix in the code first, but I believe that's included in the last 3.0 beta]. As for Linux... I guess that would be an option too, but as I said, I believe there are different priorities now (such as releasing v6 of the ordinary Linux/Mac avast!).