Author Topic: Update Messages  (Read 12822 times)

The Elder

Update Messages
« on: March 24, 2011, 03:36:43 PM »
Good Morning,
Don't know if I am on the right board, but here goes.  (Let me know.)  Since the 22nd, I have been receiving alert messages informing me that updates are ready, but all attempts to accomplish the task have failed.  I have attempted to perform the function manually, but that also gets no results.  Please advise.  Tech,  I absolutely do not know what I am doing, but I do know that I am stil getting the messages regarding the updates.  I'm getting worried about staying current with AVAST.  Did you get my e-mail w/attachment?
Thanks,

The Elder
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 11:35:58 PM by The Elder »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Update Messages
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 03:40:45 PM »
Please, upload (attach) the avast log: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\Setup\setup.log
(or the shorter C:\Users\All Users\Alwil Software\Avast5\log\Setup.log).

If the file is too big for the forum, post the last 400-500 lines of it.
The best things in life are free.

The Elder

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 08:50:03 PM »
Hi Tech,

Feel like I have been wandering around in the CONGO like "MR STANLEY, I PRESUME".  Would have probably have been a more enjoyable "trek" had I known anything about the area.  Oh well, there aren't many roads without any curves.

Believe I have returned to the home camp by myself.  My updates are now current.  I determined that my firewall must have been the culprit.  Placed AVAST on the OK list, and all appears to be OK.  Don't know why though, I have never had any problems before now, and I have not made any recent changes to my system.
Sorry to Have Bothered You.  Did you get that email attachment?
Thanks,

The Elder

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 10:16:28 PM »
Glad you've sorted it out.
It wasn't a bother at all. Ask for help is welcome?
What email attach? You can't send me emails ;D
The best things in life are free.

The Elder

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 02:39:27 PM »
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 01:40:45 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please, upload (attach) the avast log: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\Setup\setup.log
(or the shorter C:\Users\All Users\Alwil Software\Avast5\log\Setup.log).

If the file is too big for the forum, post the last 400-500 lines of it.
Hi Tech,
This is where I got it.  Emailed it somewhere.  I didn't get a Fail To Send for it, so I thought you had it.  Like I said last time.  I've been wandering aimlessly through knowing what I should, or should not do, or how to do, or not do it.

Thanks for your patience.

With Sincere Regards,

The Elder

Filled

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 04:26:35 AM »
Thank you.