Author Topic: Please help. Avast breaks all browser function.  (Read 9997 times)

doktornotor

Re: Please help. Avast breaks all browser function.
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 12:45:44 AM »
Lets get back to the basics.  What would cause shutting down the web shield to block all traffic?

Pretty much nothing, unless you did stick something stupid such as * into the Site Blocking tab in GUI.

Have you rebooted and reinstalled avast! after running the Norton removal tool.

Dieselman

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 02:53:39 AM »
Does the computer connect to the internet at all? Can you open up Avast and update it?

Gargamel360

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 02:59:42 AM »
Does the computer connect to the internet at all? Can you open up Avast and update it?

Now keep in mind the entire time I am doing this I am connecting via TeamViewer so the internet works. 

Dieselman

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 04:04:22 AM »
Try this. Left click on your network icon in the system tray. Then click on Open Network and Sharing Center. Click on Internet Options in the bottom right. Once that is opened click on the connections tab then click on LAN settings. Be sure that the auto detect option is check off. Now flush your dns by running a CMD command. Go to Start/All Programs/Accessories/Command Prompt. Right click on it and select "run as administrator". now copy and paste ipconfig /flushdns . Reboot and see what happens.

zekeblue

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 05:03:00 PM »
This seems similar, but not identical, to my issue and one reported by several others and is still unresolved with 6.0.1044:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=74330.0