Author Topic: Network Shield Threat Message popups every 10minutes!!  (Read 13667 times)

Offline DraKuL

Network Shield Threat Message popups every 10minutes!!
« on: March 25, 2011, 11:52:33 AM »
I have Avast Internet Security 6 installed and I started getting this network shield threat popups every 10-20 minutes! Its really annoying, I get it as soon as i login to windows as well! This started happening recently but I havent installed any new programs.

Im using Windows 7 home premium 64x.

I have attached 2 screen shots, 1 of the popup and the other of the firewall log.

Also there was another issue where avast detects 12-15 viruses in memory and it wont let me clean it, I posted about it in another thread, attached screen shots as well. Dont know if these 2 issues are related. Avast boot time scan didnt detect anything though.

Please solve this issue soon!

Thanks!
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

doktornotor

Re: Network Shield Threat Message popups every 10minutes!!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 11:55:57 AM »
Also there was another issue where avast detects 12-15 viruses in memory and it wont let me clean it, I posted about it in another thread, attached screen shots as well. Dont know if these 2 issues are related. Avast boot time scan didnt detect anything though.

Do not double post: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=74628.0

Plus you have posted in the wrong forum, belongs here (for future - do NOT create another thread now) http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=4.0

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 11:59:52 AM »
Sorry for posting it in the wrong section, do you think they will give a solution or should i cancel this thread and post there ? because this is quite urgent.

regarding the double post - I posted it here also because I wanted to know if there is a connection between the 2 issues ( whether I'm getting the popups because of the viruses in the memory).
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

doktornotor

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 12:02:01 PM »
Sorry for posting it in the wrong section, do you think they will give a solution or should i cancel this thread and post there ? because this is quite urgent.

regarding the double post - I posted it here also because I wanted to know if there is a connection between the 2 issues ( whether I'm getting the popups because of the viruses in the memory).

Yeah, very likely related. AFAICT you are infected. Please read this: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.msg451454#msg451454

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 12:19:39 PM »
Thanks for the link! I downloaded the 2 programs and will upload a txt file.

Dont get me wrong but shouldnt avast do the job of the 2 programs mentioned in that thread? ( to detect malware).

Anyway I hope someone will help me out with this issue. those 2 programs will only produce logs, but to clean it I hope a moderator will help me out!

doktornotor

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 12:28:30 PM »
those 2 programs will only produce logs, but to clean it I hope a moderator will help me out!

You need to attach the logs.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 01:05:33 PM »
This is the log for the quick scan, I'm running a full scan now. I think ibelicomeposu.dll got removed, will check again.

I still think its Avast's job to remove that module! but at the same time Avast did a great job detecting it, Kaspersky internet security 2011 (fully updated) didnt detect it! I tried uninstalling avast and installed kaspersky to see if it will detect but it didn't, so i reinstalled Avast.

doktornotor

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 01:08:21 PM »
AVs are reactive by nature. You need other layers of defense, not just AV. When it comes to infections, not working under an administrator accounts and deploying proper SRP or AppLocker policies will greatly reduce the risk, for start. Also, sandboxing your browser (Sandboxie is excellent.)

Also, attach the OTS log.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 01:12:59 PM »
Isnt Avast's Sandbox efficient enough ? do you recommend sandboxie over it? (I'm just asking).  Also do you think Malwarebyte Anti-Malware provides additional protection when used with Avast ? ( I was thinking of purchasing a license)

I just want your opinion on the 2 issues i mentioned.

I will upload the OTS log soon.

Thanks

doktornotor

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 01:21:08 PM »
Isnt Avast's Sandbox efficient enough ? do you recommend sandboxie over it? (I'm just asking). 

As my signature says, I'm using avast! Free -> no full sandbox (just autosandbox). As for MBAM, again, just using the free variant on-demand only. Don't feel the realtime features are worth paying and the additional overhead, personally. (Also just my personal opinion.)

YoKenny

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 01:26:14 PM »
The realtime protection of MBAM would have prevented this infection from installing!
It is a one time fee for the resident protection.

doktornotor

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 01:36:33 PM »
The realtime protection of MBAM would have prevented this infection from installing!

So would a sandbox. :P

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 01:45:34 PM »

I might buy a MBM key but do you think it will work with avast? since both will be offering a real time protection will there be a clash ?

Also - after restarting the computer after MBM scan completed, as soon as i logged into windows i got an error saying ibelicomeposu.dll is missing. This is what Avast detected as the memory module virus and like i said i think MBM removed it. I want to know how to stop this error message ( since i ll be getting it everytime i login to windows!)

The OTS Scan log is 1.58mb and is too big to attach, in the link you gave it wasnt clear what i have to tick, it had only mentioned about the reg files.

Hermite15

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 01:49:54 PM »

Dont get me wrong but shouldnt avast do the job of the 2 programs mentioned in that thread? ( to detect malware).

YES!!!

I either started a thread or mentioned that in the past, it's absolutely amazing and unacceptable that people with infected systems are systematically redirected on this forum to other solutions (mbam etc...), as Avast doesn't seem to be able to do the job at all. Don't get me wrong, I do advise that too, mbam, Essexboy intervention etc... as there's no other choice. That's appalling ::)

edit: not talking about detection here (although there seem to be problems too with Avast off and on), but removal abilities.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 01:57:03 PM by Logos »

YoKenny

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 01:51:05 PM »

I might buy a MBM key but do you think it will work with avast? since both will be offering a real time protection will there be a clash ?
As you can see from my signature I use MBAM realtime protection and there is no clash!

Let MBAM remove what it finds as you chose not to let it remove what it finds. ::)