Author Topic: Network Shield Threat Message popups every 10minutes!!  (Read 13670 times)

doktornotor

Re: Network Shield Threat Message popups every 10minutes!!
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 01:51:29 PM »
This is what Avast detected as the memory module virus and like i said i think MBM removed it. I want to know how to stop this error message ( since i ll be getting it everytime i login to windows!)

CCleaner registry check should find this. (Only let it fix the stuff it finds related ibelicomeposu.dll, not all other things it finds.)

AFAICT MBAM realtime does not really clash with avast!, many people using it that way.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 01:57:25 PM »

Dont get me wrong but shouldnt avast do the job of the 2 programs mentioned in that thread? ( to detect malware).

YES!!!

Then it failed to do so  :P :P but still it detected the malware atleast which kaspersky internet security 2011 failed to do so ( which was fully updated)

As for OTS scan, there are boxes saying - Processes, modules, services etc and have to select - none, safe list or all. which should i select ? and on top it says include MD5 and include 64bit scans. should i tick them as well ? the last scan i did, i selected both of them and selected ALL for services, modules etc.. and the log file was too big to attach, it was 1.58mb.
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Hermite15

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 02:00:40 PM »

Dont get me wrong but shouldnt avast do the job of the 2 programs mentioned in that thread? ( to detect malware).

YES!!!

Then it failed to do so  :P :P

read my last post again ::) I edited it, you misunderstood me.

doktornotor

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 02:01:05 PM »
As for OTS scan, there are boxes saying - Processes, modules, services etc and have to select - none, safe list or all. which should i select ? and on top it says include MD5 and include 64bit scans. should i tick them as well ? the last scan i did, i selected both of them and selected ALL for services, modules etc.. and the log file was too big to attach, it was 1.58mb.

Please read this: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0 (it's even a sticky  :P)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 02:08:08 PM »
Isnt Avast's Sandbox efficient enough ?
Yes, it is.

do you recommend sandboxie over it? (I'm just asking).
Sandboxie has a free version and avast Sandbox is paid.

Also do you think Malwarebyte Anti-Malware provides additional protection when used with Avast ? ( I was thinking of purchasing a license)
It's hard for the MBAM developers, but I think you can live with the free version and scan only on demand.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 02:13:11 PM »

YES!!!

I either started a thread or mentioned that in the past, it's absolutely amazing and unacceptable that people with infected systems are systematically redirected on this forum to other solutions (mbam etc...), as Avast doesn't seem to be able to do the job at all. Don't get me wrong, I do advise that too, mbam, Essexboy intervention etc... as there's no other choice. That's appalling ::)

edit: not talking about detection here (although there seem to be problems too with Avast off and on), but removal abilities.

True, even I was talking about removal abilities. Like I said Avast detected these modules which Kaspersky didnt, and thats a great thing but I really hope they improve the removal abilities as well!
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 02:23:43 PM »

Please read this: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0 (it's even a sticky  :P)

As I said i read it  :P still didnt answer my question, that thread hasnt mentioned about what to select under basic scans, it only mentions about additional scans!  :P

doktornotor

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 02:25:36 PM »
As I said i read it  :P still didnt answer my question, that thread hasnt mentioned about what to select under basic scans, it only mentions about additional scans!  :P

Well sorry, you must be doing something wrong since others have about zero problems following the steps and there are no MB-sized logs produced. I don't have more detailed instructions, it's already detailed enough.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 02:34:56 PM »
I scanned it again with lesser items selected and it was 500kb but this only allows me to upload 200kb...

But I stopped getting network threat alerts, so I think its clean now :) thanks to MBM :P Thank you very much for the assistance! Please make a suggestion to the developers to improve the removal abilities of Avast.

Also there is one small problem, now everytime i restart the computer and login to windows all hidden files/ folders including system protected files are shown! Even if i disable it, the next time i login they will be shown. This happened after I installed MBM / OTS. Any idea how to fix this ?

doktornotor

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2011, 02:39:41 PM »
There are tons of file hosting servers out there, really don't see the problem with posting a link here. Why one isn't allowed to attach zip/7z or whatever similar here simply avades me.  :-\

Control Panel - Folder options. If that doesn't work, then perhaps uninstall OTS. MBAM install certainly does not do this, maybe the fixing part did that.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011, 02:56:18 PM »
That issue is also fixed! Thanks for the help guys :) !! you guys are awesome! didnt have to wait for days to get a reply from you, really happy about Avast's customer support :)  :) you guys rock!!  ;D

By the way is it safe to assume that my computer is disinfected? or do you need to see the OTS log ? isnt the MBM log sufficient ?

doktornotor

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 02:57:55 PM »
By the way is it safe to assume that my computer is disinfected? or do you need to see the OTS log ? isnt the MBM log sufficient ?

Sharing it won't do any harm. Someone will eventually take a look at it. (I can as well, but I am not really familiar with that tool.)

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2011, 03:07:15 PM »
Ok I uploaded it to sendspace. I ll paste the link below, please have a look and let me know if my computer is safe :)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7pnbls

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2011, 03:09:05 PM »
One last question, since I have Avast Internet security and it has a built in firewall etc, should I disable the windows firewall or is it better if I keep them both running ?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 03:13:08 PM »
One last question, since I have Avast Internet security and it has a built in firewall etc, should I disable the windows firewall or is it better if I keep them both running ?
You can do both.
Windows Firewall won't conflict with avast's one and will protect ipv6.
But, others say that it's not good to have 2 firewalls running at the same time.
My opinion, keep only avast's.
The best things in life are free.