Author Topic: I can't registred  (Read 4173 times)

3t3r4n

I can't registred
« on: March 25, 2011, 02:57:06 PM »
hi i installed avast antivirus and i don't have 30 day for try.When i click register now and i complete restration form give me an error "The system cannot find the file specified".I used manul registration , i recived free license key but don't work in Avast  ???
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 03:03:13 PM by 3t3r4n »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: I can't registred
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 02:58:42 PM »
Please, upload (attach) the avast log: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\Setup\setup.log
(or the shorter C:\Users\All Users\Alwil Software\Avast5\log\Setup.log).

If the file is too big for the forum, post the last 400-500 lines of it.
The best things in life are free.

3t3r4n

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 04:38:15 PM »
 :D I resoved this problem i used a file in C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\DATA - license.avstlic and work but only for 3 mounth because expire!

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 11:12:46 PM »
Try...Maintenance...Registration. That should get you to a "free" one year registration. If that doesn't work try a "repair" then register during set-up.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

SafeSurf

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 09:23:25 AM »
Is the date and time correct on your machine?

Did you reboot after installing?

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 10:54:49 PM »
Another idea...have you tried a "repair"?
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

SafeSurf

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 08:51:30 AM »
:D I resoved this problem i used a file in C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\DATA - license.avstlic and work but only for 3 mounth because expire!
No response from the OP.  I guess he/she is happy with only a 3 month license.  I hope they return so we can help them.  Until then we wait.   ???

CannedSkittles

Registration issue.
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 06:16:56 PM »
I am also having the same problem - I cannot register through avast, it says it cannot find the file. I filled out the web form and got my license key in my email, but when I copy-paste it into avast it says it's not a valid license key. Where can I find this "repair" option and is there any other way to fix this issue?

Yes my date and time are correct, yes I've rebooted, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and I can attach or copy-paste my setup log if need be.

SafeSurf

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 09:30:29 PM »
@ CannedSkittles,

What product of Avast do you have (Free, Pro, AIS)?  What version are you using?

The best way to register is through the Avast GUI, but you need to be online (on the Internet) while you do this.  Is this what you tried to do?  

After you installed Avast (not downloading it), did you reboot after installation prior to registering?

However, if you have the Free version of Avast, you do not need a key.  This is all you need: http://www.avast.com/registration-free-antivirus.php.

After you register, then you should update your Avast virus definitions.

Should you need to do a Repair (although I do not think you need to at this point unless you had a corrupt download or install):
- Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > Avast Antivirus.
- Scroll down and choose Repair function in the pop-up window.
- Reboot.

I will await your reply.  In your next post, let us know if you had a previous version of Avast or another AV on your machine and if so how you uninstalled it.  Thank you.

Edit:  To the OP ->  I just noticed that you have 2 active threads regarding this issue.  Here is the other one http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=74890.0.  So that you don't confuse people helping you and yourself, you really need to stick with one thread.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 09:34:14 PM by SafeSurf »