Author Topic: No activity in script shield with ie9  (Read 17742 times)

YoKenny

Re: No activity in script shield with ie9
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2011, 08:35:18 PM »
Of course, Vlk can confirm Script Shield's capability if he wishes. ::)
I'm talking about Windows 7 not XP!  :)

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2011, 08:40:05 PM »
Of course, Vlk can confirm Script Shield's capability if he wishes. ::)
I'm talking about Windows 7 not XP!  :)

I know, but Vlk wasn't limiting his statements to Windows 7. :D ;D
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

street_lethal

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2011, 08:04:57 PM »
Script Shield is designed to scan Windows Script Host activity the great majority of which was generated by Internet Explorer activity in prior versions of IE.

MSFT redesigned the JavaScript engine in IE9 which as I understand it eliminates the reliance on Windows Script Hosting.  Therefore Script Shield is rendered irrelevant with respect to Windows Script Host activity and IE9 as IE9 does not use Windows Script Host.   As a result there should be very little activity in SS if you are using IE9.  

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2010/03/18/the-new-javascript-engine-in-internet-explorer-9.aspx

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/microsofts-new-javascript-engine-codenamed-chakra-for-internet-explorer-9

The Script Shield will, most likely, be extended to some other browsers, and improved even for IE. But - it will take some time (probably won't happen this year).

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I was searching for info on the script shield and IE9 and found this thread.

That clears things up. The Avast Script Shield definitely does not work with IE9, I noticed this a while ago as did many other people. It still doesn't work with the Avast 6.0.1091 release either and Igor's response indicates why.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:08:55 PM by street_lethal »

YoKenny

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2011, 08:10:35 PM »
Sorry to dig up an old thread.

That clears things up. The Avast Script Shield definitely does not work with IE9, I noticed this a while ago as did many other people. It still doesn't work with the Avast 6.0.1091 release either and Igor's response indicates why.
It sure does work!

street_lethal

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2011, 08:12:16 PM »
Sorry to dig up an old thread.

It sure does work!

No it doesn't, your photo proves nothing. It only works for you it seems.  ::) You're special. Also, before you do so, please don't start a rambling ping pong match of what you know and I don't. I also don't want to hear about who has a profile and who doesn't, etc....
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:15:18 PM by street_lethal »

YoKenny

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2011, 08:18:19 PM »
I would hate to be street_lethal in the USA as thugs would come looking for me with guns.  ;)

street_lethal

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2011, 08:24:15 PM »
I would hate to be street_lethal in the USA as thugs would come looking for me with guns.  ;)

Here we go with your nonsense.