Author Topic: How can I disable Web Rep pop up.  (Read 13725 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How can I disable Web Rep pop up.
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 06:25:56 PM »
I don't see anything about disable the web rep pop up. How to disable it then?

Because this topic, despite its name isn't about removing the webrep, but just its pop-up.

From the avastUI, Additional Protection, WebRep, and just click the uninstall for each browser and uncheck the Automatic detection for new browser installations.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ericz

Re: How can I disable Web Rep pop up.
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 09:42:50 PM »
David R. the point is people want and like WebRep.

People do not want and dislike the popup.

People are users, and the user is always right.

Or so the mantra goes, true or not.

Aside from that, what is the stuff at the bottom of the popup? Where is that documented? What is it for? How does it make the user experience better? Easier? More cheerful?

The thing interrupts my reading a return list, I look at it, and what's it worth? What purpose does it have?

The usable info is on the three bar report, small, unobtusive. What does the popup add?

The popup feature should be made configurable for users, at the WebRep configuration page.

Three easy options: pop on hover ---- pop on click ---- disable popup.
WHY NOT MAKE IT A USER CHOICE THAT WAY??

NOTE: This is unlike the thread about objecting to the LIKE AVAST? thumb at the UI bottom. I inadvertently mouse over the thumb, nothing jumps at me. It does not intrude. It is out of the way. As is proper, the rankings are with each search return item. It is easy to mouse over one, when moving to open an item in another tab.

You move the mouse, you trigger it unintentionally. People more fastidious than me in moving the mouse may have no problem. But it seems the majority of responses here want the rankings, not the popup happening on a mouse-over or hover. That seems to be the bottom line. Make it clickable and the whole world is happy?