Author Topic: AVAST HOME registration....  (Read 3887 times)

chp

AVAST HOME registration....
« on: September 23, 2004, 03:12:08 AM »
Hi, I'm new on this forum and I got some weird problems with my AVAST Home.
Let me explain.....
Till now I was very happy with AVAST since I registered this last summer. But now I get a message saying my licence expired or is no more valid....
I uninstalled AVAST Home, rebooted  then re-installed and entered my licence no... and now I have a message saying to upgrade/buy to the PRO version. I'm not able to do anything more... no more upgrades or even to change the language....

HELP.... what happened... someone can help me please?

Offline radicalb21

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • Be Safe. Be Smart. Use Common Sense.
Re:AVAST HOME registration....
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 03:23:57 AM »
First let me say welcome to the forum. The license for the home edition of avast! antivirus is good for 14 months. After that time period has elapsed you need to only reregister and when you get the email just copy and paste the new license key into the program and you will be good to go. Here is the link to reregister:

http://www.avast.com/i_kat_207.php?lang=ENG

I hope this helps. Any other problems or questions please feel free to post in the forum.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 03:26:17 AM by radicalb21 »
iMac 21.5 " Mid 2011 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004, 03:28:49 AM »
I'm not able to do anything more... no more upgrades or even to change the language...

Did you install more than one language?
Are you trying to update it through the Internet or downloading a new setup file?
Which is your avast version (see on About dialog of the 'a' blue icon)?
The best things in life are free.

chp

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2004, 03:43:26 AM »
Thank you for your wellcome  ;)

By reading most of the posts concerning the registrations, I found "the" solution...

Someone or something changed the date of my PC to sep. 2020....
By resetting to the correct date and re-installing avast, I was able to register again and to upgrade..... I'm happy..... LOL, who made that joke...

Thank to everyone on that forum who gave me the right answers.

NOTA : I think something is wrong in the registration when the PC date is wrong. The error message could be modified to warn if the date could be wrong.

Offline radicalb21

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • Be Safe. Be Smart. Use Common Sense.
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2004, 04:06:00 AM »
Your welcome. Anytime you have a questions please feel free to ask as all of us on the forum are here to help one another.
iMac 21.5 " Mid 2011 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 02:03:38 PM »
By reading most of the posts concerning the registrations, I found "the" solution...

Someone or something changed the date of my PC to sep. 2020....
By resetting to the correct date and re-installing avast, I was able to register again and to upgrade..... I'm happy..... LOL, who made that joke...

I think something is wrong in the registration when the PC date is wrong. The error message could be modified to warn if the date could be wrong.

Well, this is a virus behavior (i.e., changing the system date) or some cracked applications (to avoid the trial period). As this is a 'main' problem, not only related to avast but all other things in your computer, avast can't be 'the only one' who will warn you about that. For any reason ( ???) the user could want another date except the current one.

Anyway, wellcome, glad you find the solution.
Please, run a full scan in your system  ;)
The best things in life are free.