Author Topic: Donate Ware?  (Read 13741 times)

KezzerDrix

Donate Ware?
« on: September 23, 2004, 03:12:51 PM »
I have been using Avast Home free edition for about 6 months now and I enjoy using it.  I am a college student, getting a degree in computer science, I also work 55 hours per week and take care of my family.  I don't have alot of cash per say to spend and appreciate the use of a free product.  I use it in conjunction with a  freeware script blocker.  

What I am getting at is this for those of us who can't afford the Pro version but would like to support Avast a Donate button on the GUI would be appreciated.  It would not detract from Avast's "FreeNess" also it would allow people like me to donate what I can afford and give Avast some extra income.

PayPal could set it up and allow currencies from around the world.  Sure they would keep a percentage for themselves.  But something is better than nothing.  
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 03:15:16 PM by KezzerDrix »

trigger

Re:Donate Ware?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 03:51:27 PM »
I feel the same way. I would be glad to donate some money in stead of paying for the pro version to get features I don't really need.

Peter

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004, 08:59:57 PM »
Guys, you're supporting Avast/Alwil even by the mere fact that you're staying on the forum and spending your time helping others! We apreciate your kindness but donation is really not necessary - I'm sure you'll find a better way to spend your money.

BTW maybe in the near future, we'll be selling avast t-shirts. Buying one would get us some (very little) money but more imporantly, would be a great way of spreading the avast religion... :)

Cheers (and thanks again),
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

KezzerDrix

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2004, 09:36:15 PM »
Come on give us a donate button  :'(  *SIGH*

Anyways, sign me up for a t-shirt and an extra tight one for my wife  ;)

I am trying to spread the word,  I have made fliers and told as many people as will listen, and even forced some people to give up their current AV's, they had no choice as I am their computer tech  ;D.  Soon I will release a review about Avast on the web to generate a little more information about it.  When I switched I couldn't find much of anything.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 09:40:22 PM by KezzerDrix »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2004, 10:11:05 PM »
Spreading word about avast! on my site (its kinda obvious ;) ) and on many other forums. Last attempt was on eMule forums. I hope someone has tried avast! :) Also many users on my local forum have give up Norton and installed avast!. They are all very happy :)
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 11:36:16 PM »
I think that spreading the word about avast is a good form of promotion, especially if you promote the Pro version if that fits the needs of the user. A number of people I have recommended avast to have got the pro version.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2004, 11:37:23 PM »
Guys, you're supporting Avast/Alwil even by the mere fact that you're staying on the forum and spending your time helping others! We apreciate your kindness but donation is really not necessary - I'm sure you'll find a better way to spend your money.

BTW maybe in the near future, we'll be selling avast t-shirts. Buying one would get us some (very little) money but more imporantly, would be a great way of spreading the avast religion... :)

Vlk

Great Vlk.... greatest idea ever!

I hope you'll call me guys if you need few designs for T-shirts. I know you have Martin, he is great, but anyway, if you need my help, just alarm me. It would be my pleasure and I'd be honoured if I can help that way.

And, no I don't want T-shirt for free if I draw something... I WANT TO BUY ONE AS EVERYBODY ELSE !!!

Love ya all !

Cheers !

inthewildteam

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2004, 01:15:20 AM »

Vlk

That is an oustanding point to sell your enterprise versions on, as most sys admins are more worried about unpatched and unprotected systems communicating with their lan users.  You might want to get your sales team on that if you won't take the donateware solution.

It's a refreshing attitude that other anti-virus companies don't share.  You could steal a lead here, it's a great sales pitch into the corporate market.

neal62

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2004, 06:10:28 AM »
I like the idea of possibly buying a Avast tee-shirt. Will be interested when they are produced. :D

Gene Johnson

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2004, 07:41:04 AM »
Hey Craftec: How about an avast tee design from you that I and others could iron-on. It's a simple process to put  the design on. I have made several designs (digital pics) and put them on t-shirts for the local Sierra Club. A design that would fill an 8.5x11 piece of paper would work great. I assume avast would not mind.

Offline radicalb21

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • Be Safe. Be Smart. Use Common Sense.
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2004, 08:23:30 AM »
I think a t-shirt or even better a nice polo shirt would be a great idea. This would also be a selling point with corporate clients as well as those of us who help out in this forum.
iMac 21.5 " Mid 2011 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2004, 12:13:12 PM »
Everything is possible... why not ? I made thousands of different T-shorts by now... for some Intro/demo gatherings (Amiga) 10 years ago, few rock-groups in former Yugoslavia etc.

It would be my pleasure to make something for avast! too...

You all remember the one with: "Good night Earth... avast! is taking care of our security. I think that one would be good as well... take a look at this smaller version...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2004, 02:07:36 PM »

I don't want to go back into the first thread, but, maybe you can buy a Pro version for other avast! user that can't pay for it  ::)  ;)
The best things in life are free.

trigger

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2004, 02:28:53 PM »
The shirt idea is great! Can´t wait for them.

Peter

KezzerDrix

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2004, 03:56:29 PM »

I don't want to go back into the first thread, but, maybe you can buy a Pro version for other avast! user that can't pay for it  ::)  ;)

Try re-reading my original post, post #1.  *Sigh*