Author Topic: bootscan options?  (Read 2924 times)

Offline colwarg

bootscan options?
« on: October 24, 2010, 11:18:02 PM »
Probably not seeing the how to do this, but when scheduling a bootscan, where's the options on what action to take when it comes across an potential virus?

I scheduled a bootscan on my machine, rebooted, then went to do something else.

Came back, 6 hours later, at 1% of the scan having been done, it was asking me "what do with dis boss?"

:'(

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: bootscan options?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 11:23:24 PM »
What happened to the automatic actions in the Boot-time scan?
http://blog.avast.com/2010/02/04/v5-bts-auto-actions/

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 11:28:59 PM »
Currently there are no pre-select/automated action in the boot-time scan of avast5 (unlike 4.8). However, when you meat the first detection from the list of options you have all the normal options plus the option to choose that option for all detections (for that scan only). You need to be careful and not choose a deletion option as that leaves you with no options, choose Move to Chest, the safest option and one that can be reversed.

It is under consideration about the restoration of these pre-select boot-time options, I don't know if this will be ready and in Avast 5.1 when released.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline colwarg

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 06:57:29 PM »
Well, at the very least, it should timeout on the wait, and automatically choose the "do nothing" option, and deliver a msgbox on desktop initialization that there was scan issues with no user action taken, please review the bootscan log.

Also, I noticed that if you DO choose an option to move to chest, it don't always show up in the virus chest.

doktornotor

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 07:28:24 PM »
Please, do not necropost. Explanation of no automated actions has already been posted.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 07:31:49 PM »
Well, at the very least, it should timeout on the wait, and automatically choose the "do nothing" option, and deliver a msgbox on desktop initialization that there was scan issues with no user action taken, please review the bootscan log.

Also, I noticed that if you DO choose an option to move to chest, it don't always show up in the virus chest.

Well what it should or shouldn't do isn't the point as we are working with the current settings/options. Previously is was possible to choose an automated action, but that was considered too dangerous and was removed from the boot-time scan options. If it will be reintroduced in the future is anyone's guess right now.

As for what was sent to the chest but didn't arrive we would need to know the details of the detection, malware name, file name and location ?

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security