Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Internet Access Blocked after Win 7 SP1 Install  (Read 25975 times)

Offline madmacs

[RESOLVED] Internet Access Blocked after Win 7 SP1 Install
« on: March 26, 2011, 05:27:03 PM »
Hello,

First, I have AIS Suite.  My problem is that after I installed Windows 7 SP1, my Internet Access is blocked.  Whereas; IE, Chrome, Firefox, NetFlix, iTunes, Outlook, etc. do not allow access.  My DNS works fine I am able to run trace routes to any FQDN.  But, when I uninstalled SP1 and everything returned to normal.  But when I re-installed SP1 the problem re-occurred.  However, when I DISABLE the SHIELDS everything (all programs mentioned) worked.  When I RE-ENABLED the shields everything STILL WORKED until I rebooted the system. I have to DISABLE and REENABLE the shields to return function.

I tried the registry "TMP" and "TEMP" suggestion.  My %System%/Temp exists.  I am at a loss now I where to find other help.

Thanks
--Mike
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 09:50:38 PM by madmacs »

Dieselman

Re: Internet Access Blocked after Win 7 SP1 Install
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 05:32:06 PM »
Do you have Online Family Norton?

zekeblue

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 05:59:46 PM »
madmacs.....  exactly the problem I am having.  Temp folder fix did not help.  Clean reinstalls have not helped all the way to 6.0.1044.  (I have not run Norton of any kind.)

I hope Avast! folks are attending to this since multiple people have the symptom.

Offline madmacs

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 06:11:02 PM »
I don't have Norton on my system, what-so-ever.   I saw someone having that problem in an earlier post.

Offline madmacs

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 07:27:35 PM »
@Zeke :  Thanks.  Let me know if you ran into any solutions.   I have a paid for AIS and help is little.   

Dieselman

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 07:31:48 AM »
I was not talking about Norton Security products. Online Family Norton is a parent filtering application. It conflicts with Avast and causes the same condition you have. Its called Safety Minder.

Offline madmacs

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 01:54:18 PM »
@Dieselman: Thank You, But I search for ANYthing Norton, or Symantec for that matter, and have found nothing on my system name 'Site Minder' or such.  I have scanned; Registry, Searched my volumes, Check my 'Services', start-ups, and 'Task Manager'.  No such item running.   

tiro12

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 01:58:19 PM »
Everyone seems to be having the same problem, the only trouble-shooting people gave me was that it was the other computer programs and not avast.  But I think somehow the avast webshield is causing a conflict somewhere.  Somehow it stops web browser connection (HTTPS sites work still). No one can provide a response or an a solution.  So until then you have to keep webshield off which is not an acceptable answer.

Offline madmacs

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 02:07:29 PM »
2Trio: True HTTPS works and some other protocols.  However, please keep in mind when I 'Turn-off' Shields and then 'Turn-On' Shields Avast is functioning as normal and HTTP browsing, POP and SMTP are restored.  I think that is the quandary.

Offline madmacs

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 11:53:09 PM »
Well, Still have problem ....   :'(
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 03:08:44 PM by madmacs »

Offline madmacs

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 03:13:01 PM »
@Zeke:   Have you heard anyone else with problem?  Are we the only 2? :'(

YoKenny

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 03:53:03 PM »
No problem with avast! free on my Windows 7 system.

zekeblue

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 05:07:40 PM »
@Zeke:   Have you heard anyone else with problem?  Are we the only 2? :'(
There were three or four that posted.  I linked to some of the threads in a post in the pre-release announcement sticky thread.

zekeblue

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 05:20:32 PM »
I went ahead and submitted a support ticket.  I recommend anyone with the problem do the same so tech support has all the information possible to investigate.

Offline madmacs

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 04:20:56 PM »
Thank You Zeke.  I have submitted a ticket before I posted here ... But I think I'm getting a lot of "foot dragging" from TS. :(