Author Topic: Installer Archive is corrupted  (Read 12515 times)

countrygirl78

Installer Archive is corrupted
« on: March 27, 2011, 04:18:02 AM »
I have been doing regular full system scans on my computer and it says that there is no viruses. When I use boot scan, twice I have gotten the following error message and I have no clue what it means. Do this mean I have a virus on my computer? I've had issues with this computer before so I did a complete restore on it. I have Windows XP. Here's what came up.

C:System Volume Information\-restore[202550A8-7A33-4BCA-9586-051D24DDBF8F]\RP102/A0016451.exe\wise0010.bin Error 42145[installer archive is corrupted]

I also got this same error message twice on both boot scans and the second one had
A0016474.exe in it instead...same exact message just different .exe file.

What do I do and how do I do it?

doktornotor

Re: Installer Archive is corrupted
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 04:20:20 AM »
No, it doesn't mean any infection. I means avast cannot unpack the archive (broken or whatever.) If you cannot live with the message, then flush your system restore points.

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 04:37:27 AM »
The executables look very suspicious. I would run a scan with MalwareBytes Free to double-check this as well as deleting all restore points.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 04:39:28 AM by Charyb »

doktornotor

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 04:39:09 AM »
The executables look very suspicious. I would run a scan with MalwareBytes Free to double-check this.

What's suspicious about it? Looks like normal system restore junk.

Daris

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 11:50:14 AM »
           I think this is the same thing I been getting for a long time now...

I get this on my XP SP3 laptop also.... error 42145 Installer archive is corrupted...I have been getting it for some time now and about a year or so ago did a recovery and right after the recovery was done, I installed Avast 5 at that time and still same issue...I googled it and with all suggestions came to the conclusion that it is nothing to worry about.... If I scan with any other scanners as Malwarebytes or Superantispyware or Spybot or ClamWin Portable.. etc. They never find this...Although Avast only finds this on a Boot Scan not on regular scans ....I deleted all my restore points shut off restore for a week cleaned all out...Did all kinds of tests Stil there on "Avast Boot Scan" Only...
    In Other words "If it's the same issue as mine?"..... I don't think it's anything to worry about...Cause my laptop has never ran better...
    Cheers !!!and safe surfing!!!

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 12:21:40 PM »
It may be just a partially downloaded installer that got archived by System Restore.
You can safely ignore the warning.

countrygirl78

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 04:47:19 PM »
Thanks everyone. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't some kind of virus!