Author Topic: SOLVED virus XP SECURITY 2011 how to remove it?  (Read 19939 times)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: SOLVED virus XP SECURITY 2011 how to remove it?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 10:19:57 PM »
Yes use Hitman pro - it will kill everything including the system  One I am currently trying to recover 
Had the google redirect virus on wifes computer, it's an ASUS laptop running Windows 7 64bit. Did a little research and someone recommended Hitman Pro to remove it. After using Hitman and restarting the computer it will not boot. I've read through here a bit and others seem to have had some similar issues and I've tried a limited amount of things. I attempted using an old restore point, but it wouldn't apply correctly. I tried the "automatic repair" option from the advanced boot menu and from my recovery CD, and it says unable to determine why system won't boot and it can't fix it. Right now I have made the OTLPE boot CD and am running that on the computer to back up files. I also ran the custom scan

Commie From the infected user account

Download RogueKiller to your desktop

• Quit all running programs
  • For Vista/Seven, right click -> run as administrator, for XP simply run RogueKiller.exe
  • When prompted, type 2 and validate
  • The RKreport.txt shall be generated next to the executable.
  • If the program is blocked, do not hesitate to try several times. If it really does not work (it could happen), rename it to winlogon.exe 

Please post the contents of the RKreport.txt in your next Reply.

THEN

Re-run the OTS scan with the same parameters

Commie

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2011, 03:06:21 AM »
Well my friend has decided to send the laptop back to his "friend" who bought it for him.  >:( Thanks for all the help. If it were my own computer I'd persist. But FWIW here are the last 2 scan reports . They appear clean? I suspect there is something else wrong with his system,a corrupted OS? So please close this thread . MAny thanks again.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 08:58:16 PM »
I suspect that the problem was within that user account and until it is run the registry hive is inert and none of my tools look at inert hives (apart from OTLPE)

electronikagurl

Re: virus XP SECURITY 2011 how to remove it?
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 01:10:24 AM »
Thank u so MUCH 4 your advice, it worked really well and im so happy because i was going to pay a computer repair man $60 to fix it...luckily my friend sent me the link to this forum.

Easier then that. Download rkill but rename it prior to downloading. Rename it to some random name. Then download MalwareBytes AntiMalware. Run rkill and when its done install MalwareBytes,update and run a full scan.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic308364.html

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4716-malwarebytes-anti-malware.html

poiman

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 10:04:51 PM »
hello i'm not that computer literate. i have this xp security bug. i've followed deiselmans instructions. i downloaded rkill and renamed it before the download. when i go to run it i get a window saying it cannot open the file. i read that i should just keep on trying to open and run it. i've been trying for 5 minutes straight and it is still not running. any other ideas or am i doing something wrong? thanks