Author Topic: avast freezes while scanning  (Read 8400 times)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: avast freezes while scanning
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 02:46:27 AM »
Has anything changed today maybe? There was a bug fixed in one of the scanning modules...

As for the name of the scanned file - the one you see in the program UI is probably not the one you're looking for, but rather the previously scanned one, or even a few files back (the display isn't updated for every scanned file, that would slow things down).

I'd suggest to start with the initial guess (the folder you see) - and then try to scan particular subfolders (or the following folder) using the avast! shell context menu - until you find the "bad" file (if you do, please don't delete it - it would certainly be useful to have it to fix the problem).

area51

Re: avast freezes while scanning
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 02:49:26 AM »
Has anything changed today maybe? There was a bug fixed in one of the scanning modules...

As for the name of the scanned file - the one you see in the program UI is probably not the one you're looking for, but rather the previously scanned one, or even a few files back (the display isn't updated for every scanned file, that would slow things down).

I'd suggest to start with the initial guess (the folder you see) - and then try to scan particular subfolders (or the following folder) using the avast! shell context menu - until you find the "bad" file (if you do, please don't delete it - it would certainly be useful to have it to fix the problem).
igor btw there's a problem while trying to uninstall avast 6 (at least for me), it makes xp crash, even tried it when only avast in installed (no firewall no nothing!!),the result
is: xp crash+uninstall in the background.
if i uninstall from the safe mode, everything is working great, looks like something with avast (XP SP2- comodo and the rest uninstall perfectly..)