Author Topic: Compatibility issues  (Read 18244 times)

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
Compatibility issues
« on: March 30, 2011, 09:17:28 PM »
From yesterday using Malwarebytes Pro version

1) Avast! updating VDB as usually - then system locked-up and computer said: "Microsoft Windows 7 doesn't respond. Terminate app?", clicked "No", after 2-3 secs same question... I clicked OK then. But still getting same question. Restarted computer and all is OK now.

2) Downloading "suspicious" file - Malwarebytes blocked a dangerous file...blah...blah...blah and then something about AvastSvc.exe. Huh...

The question: Is malwarebytes resident shield compatible with Avast! and Outpost security ?

Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
Re: Compatibility issues
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 09:52:23 PM »
There should never be more than one resident antivirus-software running simultaneously.

That's an endless source for problems.
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Dieselman

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 09:53:45 PM »
You have overlapping security for starters.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 09:56:18 PM »
The question: Is malwarebytes resident shield compatible with Avast! and Outpost security ?
Overkilling...
The best things in life are free.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 10:02:23 PM »
Free MBAM Clear

Dieselman

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 10:03:09 PM »
Overkilling...

+1 on that note.

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 12:01:01 PM »
Hmm, the people here said that Malwarebytes pro cooperate with avast! and some people there have also malwarebytes pro+avast!
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 12:59:07 PM »
Hmm, the people here said that Malwarebytes pro cooperate with avast! and some people there have also malwarebytes pro+avast!

I heard that too, however I don't like multiple AV-Scanner working residently.
And it is overkill. MBAM is great once you get hit, but when you use Avast with all relevant shields... it never happend to me.
Free MBAM Clear

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 01:22:53 PM »
Cooperate. Yes.
Necessary or mandatory. No.
MBAM is quite good in new malware ITW. It removes old malware from the database to avoid it gets so big. They still not developed the incremental updates...
avast keeps the protection for old and new.
The best things in life are free.

YoKenny

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 03:23:45 PM »
I have MBAM pro on both of my systems and they work well togther.  8)
I don't have Outpost security installed.

Dieselman

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 03:33:31 PM »
I have MBAM pro on both of my systems and they work well togther.  8)
I don't have Outpost security installed.

There is a huge difference between working fine together and working fine under a malware attack. Have you actually tested it out? Have you gone over to MDL and downloaded about 20 links and see what happens.

You maybe be able to have to fighting pit bulls together in the same room tired up. But when you untie them look out. Anytime two programs fight over the same malware someone losses. That someone being the user. The only thing MBAM Pro is really good for is IP blocking. But using a secure DNS takes care of that without adding additional processes.

YoKenny

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 03:43:15 PM »
Have you actually tested it out? Have you gone over to MDL and downloaded about 20 links and see what happens.
Talking to you is like talking to a Bit Bull!  ::)

Yes I have tried MDL!

Maybe you should become a member of MBAM forum and see how many problems there are between MBAM and avast!
http://forums.malwarebytes.org

See the post by DraKuL:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=75032.15
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 03:47:05 PM by YoKenny »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 03:47:10 PM »
I also run both of them together on my three system's 1 xp and 2 win7 64's  and also just about every system i look after and never an issue, MBAM is not an av so it does play nicely with most av's but if your having a problem you may need to add the exclusion's to the file system shield, i also add MBAM to the trusted processes in BhS just to be safe.

Dieselman

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 03:52:29 PM »
And has I have already said................Add a secure DNS like ClearCloud and your just as safe if not safer WITHOUT added processes or $.

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 04:03:20 PM »
And has I have already said................Add a secure DNS like ClearCloud and your just as safe if not safer WITHOUT added processes or $.
What are you talking about?
There is discuss about Compatibility issues between avast! and Malwarebytes, so leave this topic and create your own...  >:(