Author Topic: Compatibility issues  (Read 18163 times)

Dieselman

Re: Compatibility issues
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 04:05:17 PM »
Exactly.............I am providing a free alternative solution without the need to worry about compatibility or adding additional processes or spending money.

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 04:12:04 PM »
Exactly.............I am providing a free alternative solution without the need to worry about compatibility or adding additional processes or spending money.
There's already built-in protection in the new IE but we're talking about malwarebytes vs. avast!  >:(
BTW Of-course we all want the AV without any running processes, for free and without compatibility issues...
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 04:18:46 PM »
Clear cloud maybe free but not trouble free as there is quite a few false positive's on legit site's that take ages for them to rectify where as danny already has the paid version of MBAM he might as well use it and if MBAM has any false positive's there fixed in a couple of hour's.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 04:27:43 PM »
Hmm, the people here said that Malwarebytes pro cooperate with avast! and some people there have also malwarebytes pro+avast!
I have MBAM pro on both of my systems and they work well togther.  8)
I don't have Outpost security installed.

There is a huge difference between working fine together and working fine under a malware attack. Have you actually tested it out? Have you gone over to MDL and downloaded about 20 links and see what happens.

You maybe be able to have to fighting pit bulls together in the same room tired up. But when you untie them look out. Anytime two programs fight over the same malware someone losses. That someone being the user. The only thing MBAM Pro is really good for is IP blocking. But using a secure DNS takes care of that without adding additional processes.

I'm using both these software, have the real time protection running on both. I spoke to an admin and he confirmed that it was developed to run with other AV software without causing any conflicts. He actually said that Avast! and MBAM will work fine together! So far there are minor conflicts with MBAM and McAfee, Trend Internet Security PRO, AVG, Norton and MSE and it could be overcome by adding them to exclusions on the AV product, but with Avast he said that we need not exclude any files even!

but if you have MBAM PRO you will get popups saying "process blocked avastsvc.exe or skype.exe" and the reason for this is, MBAM has certain IP addresses that are blacklisted/ suspicious, and Skype uses P2P connection and it might try to connect with one of those IPs, and as for avastsvc.exe, its because Avast's web shield intercepts the connections that are both in/out bound and if one of these connections are listed in MBAMs suspicious IP list, it will block that connection and give a popup. but this doesnt mean that your computer is infected!! Nor does it mean that it has conflicts with Avast!

As for dieselman, your posts are somewhat misleading, try to read other people's posts properly, give it some thought before you reply. You constantly keep saying that MBAM and Avast WILL conflict! Well the admins of MBAM confirmed that it wont and I'm certain that they know more about MBAM than you  ;D

but anyway you MAY be right, there MIGHT be an instance where they conflict, but you can say that about MS Windows as well, at a particular instance, given the right condition, Avast (or any other software) might conflict with Windows... This doesnt mean that we cant have other Software installed.. The important thing is, there are no known compatibility issues upto now. The Avast! forum members confirmed it, I confirm it since I have both these running, and MBAM admins confirmed it. THAT for me, is good enough.  :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 04:35:09 PM by DraKuL »
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 04:46:45 PM »
From yesterday using Malwarebytes Pro version

1) Avast! updating VDB as usually - then system locked-up and computer said: "Microsoft Windows 7 doesn't respond. Terminate app?", clicked "No", after 2-3 secs same question... I clicked OK then. But still getting same question. Restarted computer and all is OK now.

2) Downloading "suspicious" file - Malwarebytes blocked a dangerous file...blah...blah...blah and then something about AvastSvc.exe. Huh...

The question: Is malwarebytes resident shield compatible with Avast! and Outpost security ?

I hope my post explained your second issue - about the suspicious activity. but the popup I got did not mention anything about downloading a file.  as for your question - I'm using Avast Internet Security and MBAM PRO both running real time. Have had no issues upto now. :) Not sure if it has conflicts with Outpost Security. Its very unlikely that MBAM will have issues with Avast Free while having none with Avast Internet Security so I would rule that out. It might be with Outpost firewall. Try contacting the Outpost FW forum moderators and see.

about your first issue - again that might be because of a conflict with outpost security as I have had no issues while updating Avast! but if that issue is sorted now, no need to worry about it, maybe it was just a one-time thing.
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2011, 04:52:23 PM »

1) Avast! updating VDB as usually - then system locked-up and computer said: "Microsoft Windows 7 doesn't respond. Terminate app?", clicked "No", after 2-3 secs same question... I clicked OK then. But still getting same question. Restarted computer and all is OK now.

2) Downloading "suspicious" file - Malwarebytes blocked a dangerous file...blah...blah...blah and then something about AvastSvc.exe. Huh...

The question: Is malwarebytes resident shield compatible with Avast! and Outpost security ?

I hope my post explained your second issue - about the suspicious activity. but the popup I got did not mention anything about downloading a file.  as for your question - I'm using Avast Internet Security and MBAM PRO both running real time. Have had no issues upto now. :) Not sure if it has conflicts with Outpost Security. Its very unlikely that MBAM will have issues with Avast Free while having none with Avast Internet Security so I would rule that out. It might be with Outpost firewall. Try contacting the Outpost FW forum moderators and see.

about your first issue - again that might be because of a conflict with outpost security as I have had no issues while updating Avast! but if that issue is sorted now, no need to worry about it, maybe it was just a one-time thing.
OMG
Comodo Firewall - Had Problems, needed to uninstall
Outpost Security - Uninstall??
What firewall is compatible? No one?
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2011, 04:54:33 PM »

User has already purchased MBAM, like I said earlier read the posts properly :) as for additional memory/process usage - MBAM and SAS are both super light processes, right now MBAM uses only 3200k of RAM - while running in the background.

as for danny, money well spent! its totally worth it for a one-time purchase :)

Dieselman

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2011, 04:56:09 PM »
There's already built-in protection in the new IE but we're talking about malwarebytes vs. avast!  >:(
BTW Of-course we all want the AV without any running processes, for free and without compatibility issues...

IE............Anyone who has a brain does not use IE.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2011, 04:57:12 PM »

OMG
Comodo Firewall - Had Problems, needed to uninstall
Outpost Security - Uninstall??
What firewall is compatible? No one?

Check my post again, I said it MIGHT be the fault :) best thing to do is to contact the outpost FW customer support

Dieselman

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2011, 05:01:23 PM »

User has already purchased MBAM, like I said earlier read the posts properly :) as for additional memory/process usage - MBAM and SAS are both super light processes, right now MBAM uses only 3200k of RAM - while running in the background.

as for danny, money well spent! its totally worth it for a one-time purchase :)

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm MBAM uses more ram then that. I just enabled real time and its two processes take up 95MB of ram using Process Hacker.

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2011, 05:01:49 PM »

Ahhh, I see... why's that? Just being curious...
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Dieselman

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2011, 05:04:02 PM »

Ahhh, I see... why's that? Just being curious...

If you have to ask a question like that then you need to go back to security school. Chrome and Firefox have been safer for years now. Firefox 4.0 w/ABP and No Script is more secure then IE 9,8,7 all day long. Heck IE 9 does not even have a free ad blocker addon.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2011, 05:05:52 PM »
Did you add exclusion's to avast for your firewall and allow all instances of avast in the firewall danny ? as im using OP Firewall Pro with no issue's and DavidR use's OP as well.

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2011, 05:06:00 PM »
If you have to ask a question like that then you need to go back to security school. Chrome and Firefox have been safer for years now. Firefox 4.0 w/ABP and No Script is more secure then IE 9,8,7 all day long. Heck IE 9 does not even have a free ad blocker addon.

There are, I believe, also politeness-schools available.
As well as other installation I can imagine you fitting in perfectly.  ;D

Just wanted to know on what facts your statement was based. Now I know. Thank you for the answer.
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2011, 05:12:49 PM »

Dieselman, I made a post in another topic - HIPS, where everyone went way off topic and started swearing at eachother. In my post I had a message for you, obviously you havent read it. I will copy paste it here.

@ dieselman - true enough you helped others ( atleast thats what you thought you did) but be a bit more considerate about others when you post a reply, you come out a bit too strong and a bit too self-righteous which can annoy others.. So here after when you reply be a bit more "friendly".. Go through other posts and see how the other forum members help people. You can now take a cheap shot at me or read and understand what I said. Upto you my friend. Please note that this post was made earlier.

You seem to be very arrogant which annoys others. This topic was opened by Danny and he was asking about MBAM and Avast compatibility issues, theres no reason for you to insult him like that. Is this what you call "helping others" when you said thats what you do in forums ? You can never post a reply in a decent manner can you? Also about IE, he didnt ask about IE, he was asking about MBAM. If you don't like IE you can start a thread elsewhere and start thrashing it, but not here.

Also read reply #18 of this topic.

cheers!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 05:15:24 PM by DraKuL »