Author Topic: WebRep and Firefox 4.0  (Read 23568 times)

doktornotor

Re: WebRep and Firefox 4.0
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2011, 05:44:29 PM »
Yes, disable it for troubleshooting, no problem.

Good. So for this guy:

I used the following addons when igoogle / webrep acted up;

Google Doc's Viewer
Optimize Google

Once you have disabled (or, better yet uninstalled) the two above-quoted obvious suspects, you still have issues with WebRep and iGoogle?

Werk

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2011, 05:56:16 PM »
I like Optimize Google addon very much.

That is wonderful but do not you think that similar addons should be disabled when troubleshooting issues with Google website allegedly caused by another addon?  ???

In my case, only webrep was the culprit. Tried every one of them, and none other gave problems. If i have Webrep on by itself as lone addon, it still acts up.

Werk

« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2011, 05:58:02 PM »
Yes, disable it for troubleshooting, no problem.

Good. So for this guy:

I used the following addons when igoogle / webrep acted up;

Google Doc's Viewer
Optimize Google

I can try uninstall them, not that it should matter. Uninstalled/disabled same. Brb.

Once you have disabled (or, better yet uninstalled) the two above-quoted obvious suspects, you still have issues with WebRep and iGoogle?

Werk

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2011, 06:05:03 PM »
Ok. Removed Google Doc's and Optimize Google, enabled Webrep. No issues.

Once Webrep was enabled, I re-installed GoogleDoc's and Optimize Google, still no issue. So as of now, I can't reproduce the gadget error I had before.

doktornotor

« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2011, 06:06:44 PM »
Ok. Removed Google Doc's and Optimize Google, enabled Webrep. No issues.
Once Webrep was enabled, I re-installed GoogleDoc's and Optimize Google, still no issue. So as of now, I can't reproduce the gadget error I had before.

Heh. Well, at least it looks sorted out for you.  ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2011, 06:28:25 PM »
Optimize Google

Hmmm, well, maybe it not so optimized?  :P

Well I use Optimize Google and had no problems with my igoogle page if it is set as the home page or not with the webrep add-on.

However, today when I have been testing it it is screwed up, sorry about getting technical; some internal links don't work; maximise/minimise, options buttons don't work; repositioning doesn't work (drag gadget bar to new position).

There are by some accounts some that have also tried a clean install of firefox with only the webrep and igoogle doesn't work as it should. Though I really have a hard time in how the actual webrep interacts with iGoogle or any gadgets.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2011, 06:58:37 PM »
OK, I have been playing around with this for some time and there is definitely some sort of interaction between these two add-ons Optimize Google and avast WebRep.

Taking turn about either uninstalling or disabling one then both and switch around and whenever both or just the webrep is enabled currently my iGoogle page doesn't work as it should, despite this having worked perfectly in the past few days.

The only way that I can currently get it to work right now is with the avast WebRep disabled or uninstalled.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Werk

« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2011, 09:52:07 PM »
Ok. Update regarding my percieved success with Webrep. I was able to re-produce the gadget error. After uninstalling Optomize Google and Google doc's addons, as said, I re-enabled Webrep with no re-occurring error, went ahead and re-installed the two addons, still no error.

I then went to Ccleaner, and let it clean all (Have normally all Google cookies on exception from cleaning, because I am using iGoogle as homepage and vivid Gmail user)

As soon as cookies was cleared, the gadget error was back!

I am no programmer, so have no clue as to why webrep should be affected by cookies. But I am able to re-produce the error 100% this way.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2011, 09:57:50 PM »
I believe the webrep uses a cookie on set webrep.avast.com to retain the information about sites you have rated.

doktornotor

« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2011, 10:00:45 PM »
I believe the webrep uses a cookie on set webrep.avast.com to retain the information about sites you have rated.

Yeah, indeed.

Werk

« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2011, 10:04:34 PM »
So...This means that when clearing temp files and cookies with either Ccleaner or through Firefox, that my rated sites goes to square one?

I'll try uninstall the two addons once again, clear cookies, start up, then put the avast cookie on exception from being cleaned, re-install addons, clear cookies once again, see what I come up with :) brb.

doktornotor

« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2011, 10:06:03 PM »
So...This means that when clearing temp files and cookies with either Ccleaner or through Firefox, that my rated sites goes to square one?

No. You just will not be able to see how you voted. Your vote remains on the webrep servers.

Werk

« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2011, 10:10:45 PM »
Hehe. Ok this have me baffled. Now iGoogle acts up anyways.....No addons installed of the two in question, and just cleared cookies. *Sigh*  ;D

@Doktornotor

Ahh ok, I see.

doktornotor

« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2011, 10:12:36 PM »
Hehe. Ok this have me baffled. Now iGoogle acts up anyways.....No addons installed of the two in question, and just cleared cookies. *Sigh*  ;D

Well, uh... do not get me wrong but I would assume that the iGoogle page customization relies solely on cookies, no? No wonder it acts up when you delete them.  ???

Werk

« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2011, 10:18:01 PM »

Well, uh... do not get me wrong but I would assume that the iGoogle page customization relies solely on cookies, no? No wonder it acts up when you delete them.  ???

Hehe, don't get me wrong, but as soon as cookies is cleared, I have to log in again. Thats where my gadgets are, and thus a new cookie is restored, no? Anyways, as long as I am not logged in on my iGoogle account, there are nothing to report regarding this.