Author Topic: Response to the personal message sent to me by Lep Pozdrav  (Read 8240 times)

GaAs

Response to the personal message sent to me by Lep Pozdrav
« on: March 31, 2011, 07:51:02 PM »
Hi All.
Response to the personal message sent to me by Lep Pozdrav:

The link is: ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming

"To view this FTP site in Windows Explorer, select Page, then click Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer. "

After, you can drag and drop the files (compressed of course).
After sending, in a new post you must notify to Avast Team also the reason for your send the memory dump.
Thanks.

DavidCo

Re: Response to the personal message sent to me by Lep Pozdrav
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 08:09:55 PM »
Bit of a paste problem

Use ftp://ftp.avast.com/

Paste into the address bar and remove the http://
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 08:12:51 PM by DavidCo »

Hermite15

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 08:12:55 PM »
should be fine like that ;)

ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming

edit: and on a side note, at least in Seven, no need to use IE at all, you can paste the address directly in Windows Explorer address bar.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 08:29:12 PM »
It can also be pasted into windows explorer from XP onwards, certainly for IE8.

I find it much easier doing this in windows explorer (rather than IE) and drag the file from another windows explorer window into the one used for the ftp link.

Otherwise I use FireFTP in firefox.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Hermite15

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 08:37:23 PM »

I find it much easier doing this in windows explorer (rather than IE) and drag the file from another windows explorer window into the one used for the ftp link.

tbh I never uploaded anything to ftp sites when I was on XP, so I wasn't sure. Okay, on the client side, I like FileZilla very much.

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 09:23:50 PM »
Hi :)

Can you tell me what I,m doing wrong: Thank you.

-Open ftp://ftp.avast.com/ in IE8
-Select Incoming folder (what now) I tried with drag/drope but PC showed Open with Safe file...also tried Open FTP site in windows rxplorer but when I do this i get message: "windows cannot access this page".

Thank you for your help.

Bye. Lep pozdrav.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 09:28:01 PM »

tbh I never uploaded anything to ftp sites when I was on XP, so I wasn't sure. Okay, on the client side, I like FileZilla very much.

I used to use CuteFTP a really nice little program, I didn't install it on this system as I had stopped using it, no longer had my own web site or maintaining others.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 09:35:11 PM »
Hi :)

Can you tell me what I,m doing wrong: Thank you.

-Open [ftp]ftp://ftp.avast.com/[/ftp] in IE8
-Select Incoming folder (what now) I tried with drag/drope but PC showed Open with Safe file...also tried Open FTP site in windows rxplorer but when I do this i get message: "windows cannot access this page".

Thank you for your help.

Bye. Lep pozdrav.

First when you post an ftp link in the forums you have to wrap it in the [ftp][/tag] tags or the forum software converts it to an http link. See example in your text that I quoted, this doesn't normally show but I have also stopped the forum software converting the ftp tags.

The ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming/ page can't be viewed as it is upload only no read permissions. So you can acknowledge that message but you should be able to drag and drop into that window.

To be honest it is much quicker/easier to use the method suggested using windows explorer (not internet explorer).

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 09:40:18 PM »
If you use windows explorer and paste the address in the top bar as stated by Logos
Then this is what you end up with on your computer

DavidCo

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 10:15:07 PM »
FTP Rush is now free, and has fxp

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 11:08:46 PM »
Really I don,t know what to say  :-\ still I don,t now how to send file via Avast FTP server. DavidR you said:I have a nice program CuteFTP.Can I use this program to send file to Avast? PS:Is CuteFTP free?

Thank you for your time and patience.

Bye. Lep pozdrav ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 12:13:26 AM »
Have you not tried the using windows explorer, open one instance of explorer as essexboy showed in his post. Open a second explorer window, navigate to where the file is that you want to upload, drag the file from that window into the other explorer window (the empty right half of it).

CuteFTP is free or was when I used it. But honestly the explorer way is easiest as it doesn't ask any questions, doesn't require setting up to upload. The whole issue is that it is an anonymous proxy so you shouldn't need to enter any details other than inputting the ftp address. However, you would still have to know a little about FTP programs to use it.

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 12:58:13 AM »
Have you not tried the using windows explorer, open one instance of explorer as essexboy showed in his post. Open a second explorer window, navigate to where the file is that you want to upload, drag the file from that window into the other explorer window (the empty right half of it).

CuteFTP is free or was when I used it. But honestly the explorer way is easiest as it doesn't ask any questions, doesn't require setting up to upload. The whole issue is that it is an anonymous proxy so you shouldn't need to enter any details other than inputting the ftp address. However, you would still have to know a little about FTP programs to use it.

No I didn,t beacuse I don,t have Windows7/Vista OS in my computer.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 01:08:46 AM »
Well I have XP as can be seen from my signature and that process works there as I mentioned in my Reply #3 above. The process is the same the image might be different to that posted by essexboy but that's it.

doktornotor

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 02:22:05 PM »
Explorer is plain piece of unusable junk. Unfit for file management and unfit for FTP as well.

- xplorer2 lite (free)
- Free Commander (free)
- CubicExplorer (free)
- Total Commander (shareware)
- Speed Commander (shareware)
- Altap Salamander (shareware)

etc. etc. etc. - all of them much superior, with decent FTP client functionality.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-file-manager.htm