Author Topic: What could be the possible reason?  (Read 29374 times)

slybo

Re: What could be the possible reason?
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2011, 06:16:18 PM »
I looked at the website and only found one model that was battery powered the PHS300 but it is a hotspot and could not find if it had a firewall. So you would have to use another model and the car power adapter.

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2011, 06:45:17 PM »
I'll stick to my idea that if there's no other choice, a strong software firewall, fine tuned if needed, should be able to handle inbound connections properly and prevent intrusions, may be lukor should post something here, I'll mail him.

I agree.
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Dieselman

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2011, 06:59:07 PM »
If you must stick with a software firewall then your best bet is Comodo.

Offline Ashish Singh

• Poster
  • Proud to be an Indian
    • Quick Heal
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2011, 03:48:17 PM »
Well I find Outpost in many ways ahead to comodo. And how can comodo help me if a 21 years old boy from Iran hacked into its system and generated 4-5 Security Certificates ??
Windows 7 Ultimate(32 bit), avast! free (always latest released or beta), Intel Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, Outpost Firewall Pro 7.5,IE 9,TuneUp Utilities 2011,Diskeeper 2011

http://www.incredibleindia.org 

Caution! Online world is full of man made Aliens

Dieselman

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2011, 03:53:10 PM »
Well I find Outpost in many ways ahead to comodo. And how can comodo help me if a 21 years old boy from Iran hacked into its system and generated 4-5 Security Certificates ??

Nothing can stop an experienced hacker. But a hardware firewall is a must if you can get one. Comodo is also the most configurable 3rd party firewall around.