Author Topic: Avast 6 cause my game can't run (Problem is back)  (Read 4382 times)

Yance

Avast 6 cause my game can't run (Problem is back)
« on: April 02, 2011, 04:53:53 PM »
Very sad about it. But the issue between avast & gamguard is back, even in 5.1.889. I have to uninstall avast to fix my game problem. Will the new version of avast fix that?

Dieselman

Re: Avast 6 cause my game can't run (Problem is back)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 04:55:56 PM »
Did you try excluding GameGuard from Avast?

Yance

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 05:15:17 PM »
No, i haven't. But i already disable all avast service and still not work. Just when i uninstall avast, the game can run again.

Dieselman

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 05:22:26 PM »
You cannot disable the service. It will just re-enable itself. Look in your logs. Comodo has always had issues with GameGaurd.

doktornotor

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 05:26:36 PM »
Look in your logs. Comodo has always had issues with GameGaurd.

He won't find anything useful in the logs. This is a low level conflict with GameGuard rootkit. Avast developers already know about this and it bound to happen over and over again since AVs are not exactly designed with rootkit compatibility in mind as a high priority.  :P

Nesivos

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 05:29:08 PM »
Very sad about it. But the issue between avast & gamguard is back, even in 5.1.889. I have to uninstall avast to fix my game problem. Will the new version of avast fix that?

What version of Gameguard are you using?

Yance

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 05:39:11 PM »
You cannot disable the service. It will just re-enable itself. Look in your logs. Comodo has always had issues with GameGaurd.

No, i play the game in another computer which i didn't install comodo. I'll try your suggestion. But where i must add to exclusion? Just in setting menu?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:14:04 PM by Yance »

Yance

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 06:11:59 PM »

What version of Gameguard are you using?
Sorry, i forget to mention "similar application like gameguard". Game that using gamguard did not have problem again. Another game that using fire guard, hackshield, still have the problem with avast.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 07:12:29 PM »
<snip>
No, i play the game in another computer which i didn't install comodo. I'll try your suggestion. But where i must add to exclusion? Just in setting menu?

It rather depends on what is stopping/blocking or alerting on gameguard.

Since it effectively works like a rootkit hidden from normal APIs it could be the anti-rootkit scan 8 minutes after boot if this is an avast alert ?
If so I can't recall if there is an easy way to add an exclusion to that scan, but there may well be something in the alert itself to a) Ignore and b) Do not tell me about these files in the future (need to open the Advanced section). See example image, which is from avast 5.x so I don't know if this is in the avast 6.x anti-rootkit alert.

You could also check the Behavior Shield report file for any entry related to gameguard, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Avast\report\BehaviorShield.txt for XP. Or C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\report\BehaviorShield.txt for Vista, Win7. The above locations are if a clean install of avast6, other wise it will be Alwil Software\Avast5\report, etc. etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Yance

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 12:35:54 PM »
It rather depends on what is stopping/blocking or alerting on gameguard.

Since it effectively works like a rootkit hidden from normal APIs it could be the anti-rootkit scan 8 minutes after boot if this is an avast alert ?
If so I can't recall if there is an easy way to add an exclusion to that scan, but there may well be something in the alert itself to a) Ignore and b) Do not tell me about these files in the future (need to open the Advanced section). See example image, which is from avast 5.x so I don't know if this is in the avast 6.x anti-rootkit alert.

You could also check the Behavior Shield report file for any entry related to gameguard, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Avast\report\BehaviorShield.txt for XP. Or C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\report\BehaviorShield.txt for Vista, Win7. The above locations are if a clean install of avast6, other wise it will be Alwil Software\Avast5\report, etc. etc.
I play this game in windows xp, not the same pc that i was wrote on my signature. I can find report file that you mention. I'm using avast 5.1.889 on windows xp pro sp3. FYI, since 3 weeks ago i can't play all of game from www.lytogame.com. Using avast 6 or 5, i can't play all of their games.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 12:38:28 PM by Yance »