Author Topic: outlook 2000 and push tecnology  (Read 5214 times)

mantra

outlook 2000 and push tecnology
« on: July 22, 2003, 12:13:34 PM »
does push tecnology work with outlook 2000(NOT express) ?

Waldo

Re:outlook 2000 and push tecnology
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2003, 11:50:13 PM »
 ???

I thought that "PUSH" whas only used to update signature and program files of AVAST PRO...so that the updates are installed from the moment they are released. So you will get them verry fast.

I honestly don't think it has anything to do with Outlook full or express....altough"push" uses some kind of strange "mail" system to provide the updates.

Waldo

« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 11:53:22 PM by Waldo »

Offline Michal Zrůbecký

• Avast team
    • avast! software
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2003, 02:22:48 PM »
I honestly don't think it has anything to do with Outlook full or express....altough"push" uses some kind of strange "mail" system to provide the updates.

Waldo, you are not right... There must be some avast! mail scanner running on computer, otherwise the PUSH update can´t work.

The PUSH technology enables ALWIL Software to start iAVS update on customers computers immediately when new update is released. How to do that? Use e-mail message! There´s no "strange "mail" system to provide the updates"... ALWIL Software sends e-mail message and mail scanner of avast! (Internet Mail or Outlook/Exchange privider) checks if the message contains the "start iAVS update now!" command (special characters in message header), shortly said. If yes, the iAVS update starts. If not, the mail scanner scans the message for viruses.

To mantra:
Yes, it works - if the provider Outlook/Exchange isn´t disabled for some reason.
avast! support team

Waldo

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2003, 04:51:35 PM »
Waldo, you are not right... There must be some avast! mail scanner running on computer, otherwise the PUSH update can´t work.

Thanks for explaining Odpad ! > always nice to see if some (much) more experienced person gives the correct answer.

Waldo

mantra

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2003, 06:49:35 PM »
great great avast4 ;D