Author Topic: Would like opinions om Avast! 6 Internet Security license upgrade pricing ...plu  (Read 2582 times)

Offline jolo

I would really like to have your thoughts on this.
I first want to thank those in advance, who share their time and expertise for my query and other queries.

A year ago, I purchased Avast! Internet Security and a one year license for $30.00 US dollars.
I am usually using Windows 7 64 bit(I installed, then removed SP1), and usually browse with Firefox 4.x (if that makes a difference.

I currently am getting reminders that I have a few days left to upgrade my Internet Security license.

I was rather turned off when I saw that extending my current license, with the "loyalty discount", would cost me $50.00 US dollars,
a 60%, $20.00 increase over my original purchase price from a year ago. !!

I would like others opinions of potentially competitive products/alternatives to Avast! Internet Security.  Money is tight for most of us and I also am put off by being asked to pay 60% more than I paid for the software initially.

I like Avast! Internet Security 5.x and now 6.x, especially because it seems to use less background resources than other Anti-virus/Security related software that execute in the background.
I can tell you that there have been a few times where I had to use other software to remove some worms that got past Avast! and Avast! tech support didn't have an answer for me. However, i don't think that there is a single perfect solution.
I also have removed, what to me is a very annoying feature of the "WebRep".

Thank you for your thoughts.

PS: I have send a email to Avast! sales about their thoughts and my possible lack of understanding in the 60% discounted fee increase.

Jon  :)

Offline DraKuL

I just checked the pricing and there is an offer ( which will end in 6 days) to purchase a license for $20 - 1year, $40 - 2 years.

I attached a screen shot of that offer.

ASRock Extreme 6 - Intel Corei7-3820 3.60GHz | RAM 16.00GB 2400FSB | 2TB HDD +128SSD | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit |Avast! Internet Security V8 | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Offline SafeSurf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
You can also check out retailmenot dot com http://www.retailmenot.com/view/avast.com for an Avast promo code UPGFAIS6031Y40USD for a 3-PC 1-yr license for $29.99.
Mac 10.9.4 /Safari and Firefox (NoScript/AdBlockPlus/BetterPrivacy/Ghostey)/
Vista Home Prem (same add-on's)/Avast Free/Online Armor Premium Firewall/MBAM Premium)/ Mobile MBAM.

Offline DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
@ jolo
Was that old license for just 1 PC (I think they were around a year ago) as I think you will find that going through the avastUI to upgrade may well have shown the standard multi-system AIS 3PC License.

Whilst DraKuL's image shows a license for a single PC option, I'm not sure if that isn't  GeoLocation offer as there can be different deals depending on where the user is located. SafeSurf's suggestion would give you a 3PC AIS license for just under $30 and presumably a valid USA offer.

WinXP ProSP3/ Core2Duo E8300/ 4GB Ram/ avast! free 18.5.2342/ Firefox ESR, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro7.11.0/ DropMyRights/ WinPatrol+/ Drive Image 7.1/ SnagIt 10.0/ avast! mobile security
Windows 10 Home 1909 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 19.8.2393 (build 19.8.4257.552) UI-1.0.440/ WinPatrol+/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro7.11.0/ WinPatrol+/

Offline DraKuL

@ jolo
Was that old license for just 1 PC (I think they were around a year ago) as I think you will find that going through the avastUI to upgrade may well have shown the standard multi-system AIS 3PC License.

Whilst DraKuL's image shows a license for a single PC option, I'm not sure if that isn't  GeoLocation offer as there can be different deals depending on where the user is located. SafeSurf's suggestion would give you a 3PC AIS license for just under $30 and presumably a valid USA offer.

I'm currently in Australia and that offer is valid, I sent it to a friend in the States and he got it as well.. So I'm pretty sure its valid in the States too..

But like you said he might have selected a 3 PC license :)
ASRock Extreme 6 - Intel Corei7-3820 3.60GHz | RAM 16.00GB 2400FSB | 2TB HDD +128SSD | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit |Avast! Internet Security V8 | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)