Author Topic: Avast NetServer Edition  (Read 6590 times)

uinthas

Avast NetServer Edition
« on: May 18, 2011, 11:03:53 PM »
I'm trying to create a MSI file to install the NetServer Edition on 2008R2, I successfully created the installation package job but when I go to run the task to create the MSI I instantly get the error  failed(Invalid engine license).  I am not using the demo and my ADNM license is for 50 workstations which I understood also comes with 5 server licenses, so I'm not sure what's going on if I can’t even create the MSI, I created 1 about 8 months ago with no problem.

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
Re: Avast NetServer Edition
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 11:29:38 AM »
What product did you buy?

If you buy 50 licenses of avast! Professional Edition you don't have licenses for avast! Server.
If you buy 50 licenses of avast! Standard Suite you have till 6 avast! Servers.

uinthas

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 10:09:30 PM »
Well my invoice states I have 50 of the Professional Edition 1 year, I was told by my sales rep this did include the 5 or 6 server licenses, the odd thing is as I said I have produced the MSI file before and currently have it running on 3 separate servers Server 2003 and 2000 with no problems.  How can I verify the license I have is professional and not the standard suite?

Offline rkniffin

• Avast Reseller
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 10:21:50 PM »
You can look at your license info on the ADNM server. Under Start Menu--> Program Files --> avast! Management Tools--> AMS Maintenance.   There is a license button there, which will bring up your license info.

You can also open your avast license file with notepad and it will have your license info.

Did you generate your previous MSI's while you were still using the demo license? Also, are the other servers still updating their definitions?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 10:23:32 PM by rkniffin »

uinthas

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 10:42:10 PM »
License file indicates I have Avast Network Client 50 count, Avast Professional Edition 50 count.  I could have made the MSI (and probably did) on the demo install, but yes my NetServer edition on my severs have the most current VPS version and ADNM communicates with it just fine.  So I'm guessing that I nee to upgrade my license is that correct?

Offline rkniffin

• Avast Reseller
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 11:05:52 PM »
That's what it sounds like. Depending on how close you are to renewal of your Pro licenses, you may want to consider purchasing avast! Standard Suite instead of just Server licenses. The cost is pretty close and you get workstation licenses in addition to the server. (cost of 50 Standard Suite licenses close to 5 Server Edition licenses). Check with your reseller.