Author Topic: Adding Exclusions from Managment Console  (Read 4768 times)

NonMaster

Adding Exclusions from Managment Console
« on: April 06, 2011, 06:38:44 PM »
Hello,

I have a systems in my environment that has special software installed. For some reason, Avast keeps thinking that it is a virus (maybe because it is accessed by a few other systems). I have added the files associated with the program to the exclusions list on the local machine but it still moves the files to quarantine anyway. Is there a way to add the files/folders to the exclusions list on the Avast management server?

Any help is greatly appreciated! ^_^

wpn

Re: Adding Exclusions from Managment Console
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 11:42:43 AM »
your posting is in the wrong section of the forum, there is a special section for ADNM :)

Did you manually give in the exception on a client?
there is a way to insert exceptions via ADNM yes, dont know it by memory and since its sunday morning i have no connection to my ADNM console either. Browse through all the options from the groups the computers are in.

you should also send in the file that is "caught" to be a virus to Avast. They can analyse it to be a false positive and adjust their
signatures for it.

NonMaster

Re: Adding Exclusions from Managment Console
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 06:42:38 PM »
Thank you very much for your reply! It turns out that it was an issue that was solved with Avast's next available VPS update. The issue was solved later that day.  :)