Author Topic: How do I add a trusted program to avast 6.0 ?  (Read 17031 times)

Lurifix

How do I add a trusted program to avast 6.0 ?
« on: April 08, 2011, 01:53:26 PM »
How do I add a trusted program to avast 6.0 ? Anyone that can help me? I am using Refworks for my master thesis, and my "cite-and-write" function stopped working, and think it might be a result of me downloading the new avast 6.0 antivirus. (I have added the program to the trusted programs in my windowds vista firewall.)
Hope someone can help! Thanx  :)

Hermite15

Re: How do I add a trusted program to avast 6.0 ?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 02:54:36 PM »
How do I add a trusted program to avast 6.0 ? Anyone that can help me? I am using Refworks for my master thesis, and my "cite-and-write" function stopped working, and think it might be a result of me downloading the new avast 6.0 antivirus. (I have added the program to the trusted programs in my windowds vista firewall.)
Hope someone can help! Thanx  :)

you're using the free version of avast I suppose... the only feature that can block a program in Avast is the behavior shield. Any sign that this is what happened? if that's the case you can add your software executable in the list of trusted programs in the behavior shield advanced settings.

ANHTHU5991

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 01:02:34 PM »
i'm not sure of what you said. But Do you mean that you want to prevent a trusted program from scanning

jaronze

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 05:04:36 PM »
I agree with logos go to behaviour shield and go to settings select trusted processes and click add.