Author Topic: how to remove WebRep symbol in Firefox icon taskbar?  (Read 11591 times)

Offline cska133

Re: how to remove WebRep symbol in Firefox icon taskbar?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2011, 03:59:05 AM »
Yes, Firefox has changed the name of what was/is (in my mind) the old status bar and now calls it the add-on bar, somewhat different to the other tool bars.
oh, I thing you are using the FF version 4, right?
Cause I am still on 3.16, while some addons still dont work with v4. So I wait.
Is there a way to try this sugestion with moving the Webrep icon to the status bar of prevoius version BEFORE Firefox 4?

BTCentral

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2011, 04:05:34 AM »
Is there a way to try this sugestion with moving the Webrep icon to the status bar of prevoius version BEFORE Firefox 4?
Oh, the add-ons bar was a new feature with Firefox 4, I just checked in my XP Virtual Machine and you can't do it with Firefox 3.6.16 :(
A lot of addons work with Firefox 4 now, have you tried checking to see if the ones you use are now? If they are it'd definitely be worth upgrading.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 04:09:30 AM by BTCentral »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2011, 05:13:34 AM »
Yes, Firefox has changed the name of what was/is (in my mind) the old status bar and now calls it the add-on bar, somewhat different to the other tool bars.
oh, I thing you are using the FF version 4, right?

Virtually all of my add-ons work with FF4, if you check for updates and then go for the update to ff4. First it does a compatibility check for your add-ons and first reports which ones aren't compatible. Then you can decide to proceed with the update of decline the update.

So it is worth a shot to see if any are incompatible and if those are absolutely essential to your use. For me that was mostly security based ones and they were all OK, NoScript, RequestPolicy, Adblock Plus. None of my themes were compatible, but found others that were compatible, so things weren't that bad.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline cska133

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 05:41:02 AM »
thats not so good. I have very customized FF, dont like the new looks even in FF3, so I have addons with bring FF back to the old (classic) times. I hope this will work for FF v4 too  :-\

I will have to try and see.
Question: next to the back and for buttons there is now no way to have other buttons in the bar? I read it was removed... or this is option?

BTCentral

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2011, 02:31:20 PM »
Question: next to the back and for buttons there is now no way to have other buttons in the bar? I read it was removed... or this is option?
Other buttons? Such as what? You can certainly add buttons to the bar (e.g. Downloads, History, Bookmarks, Full Screen, Cut, Copy, Paste, New Window etc.)

Here's what mine looks like:

I moved the home button, removed the search and added Firebug and Adblock Plus.