Author Topic: No automatic updates anylonger  (Read 3863 times)

zonnet

No automatic updates anylonger
« on: September 28, 2004, 11:25:32 PM »
I have Avast home freeware and I like it very much. Though in the last weeks I am not getting automatic updates any longer and I have to ask for them manually although the option to get automatic updates has alwas been selected since when I installed it. I have  recently installed  sygate 5.5 firewall allowing avast to access internet. Perhaps something wrong with it? Do you have anything to suggest which I could check? I have win98 as OS and everything was perfect until some weeks ago.
Thanks for your help.
Zonnet

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:No automatic updates anylonger
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 11:42:29 PM »
I have  recently installed sygate 5.5 firewall allowing avast to access internet. Perhaps something wrong with it? Do you have anything to suggest which I could check?

Most probably... If you manually ask for an update, Sygate should ask for all components access needed to update. Can you do so? If you have already done and answer yes to persist the authorization for connection, probably, you're get the pop-up window telling you have the last avast! version...

Do you use dial-up or DSL? Have you configured avast! connections settings properly?

Few minutes ago I received an automatic update (or, better, a push-update from Professional version):

New iAVS update (VPS 440-1) for avast! program has been released recently.
Related information could be also found on our Internet sites.
Note: Detection of Win32:Beagle-AO added

[18:16:34, 28.09.2004]
VPS: 0440-1, 28/09/2004
The best things in life are free.

neal62

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 11:44:46 PM »
Well, I guess it's not the best thing to do, but you could turn off Sygate, leave the auto update feature turned on with Avast and see if it will automatically update. If so then you know it's Sygate causing the problem. Might have to re-install Sygate if it is the problem.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2004, 11:53:53 PM »
Well, I guess it's not the best thing to do, but you could turn off Sygate, leave the auto update feature turned on with Avast and see if it will automatically update. If so then you know it's Sygate causing the problem. Might have to re-install Sygate if it is the problem.

Well, I say it's not the worse thing to do either  8)
This way we can know what is blocking the update. Thanks Neal  ;)
The best things in life are free.

neal62

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2004, 12:00:52 AM »
Your welcome Technical. :D Have a nice day.

zonnet

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2004, 12:00:51 PM »
I have ADSL and I gave all the permits to Sygate when the program asked. Yes, I can try to temporarely close Sygate and see if the automatic update occurs.

Thanks to all of you for the answers. I will let you know the end!

Zonnet