Author Topic: I was an avast! Evangelist not now?  (Read 14452 times)

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
I was an avast! Evangelist not now?
« on: April 08, 2011, 10:27:33 PM »
My post count dropped and I am not a avast! Evangelist  now.. How many post till I can be an avast! Evangelist again?
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

MAG

Re: I was an avast! Evangelist not now?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 10:31:10 PM »
I am very pleased to note that I'm not an evangelist any more either!

(senior member suits much better - in terms of both my age and the length of time I've used avast)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 10:41:30 PM »
There has been a revision on the qualification on who is an avast! Evangelist, as far as I'm aware that is now over 600 posts. For those that were previously Evangelists but didn't have over 600 posts, if they had over three years forum membership then they retained the avast Evangelist rating.

As mag said about actual experience, this is in part due to some chat style/me too postings just seeking the supposed evangelist status.

So unfortunately this revision effects some forum members reverting to being a Snr Member, which is no slight on those with experience outside of the avast forums as the quality of their assistance/help wouldn't be degraded, no matter what their ranking is.

I think this is down to those who for no other reason seek to have the implied status of evangelist based on post count alone and it is for this reason that it has been revised.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

MAG

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 10:53:21 PM »

I think this is down to those who for no other reason seek to have the implied status of evangelist based on post count alone and it is for this reason that it has been revised.

Whilst I am supportive of this in principle, I have doubts about whether in practice it will achieve this objective: if you can hit '+1' 300 times you can probably manage it 600 times.

Offline OrangeCrate

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 10:56:55 PM »
There has been a revision on the qualification on who is an avast! Evangelist, as far as I'm aware that is now over 600 posts. For those that were previously Evangelists but didn't have over 600 posts, if they had over three years forum membership then they retained the avast Evangelist rating.

As mag said about actual experience, this is in part due to some chat style/me too postings just seeking the supposed evangelist status.

I predict, that you ain't seen nothing yet. Let's start a pool, to see which of the "problem children" will get to 600 first.

So unfortunately this revision effects some forum members reverting to being a Snr Member, which is no slight on those with experience outside of the avast forums as the quality of their assistance/help wouldn't be degraded, no matter what their ranking is.

Unless all the members get a chance to see the "super secret" list of those we'd like to let into the
Evangelist group, I predict that there will a lot of pissed off "Senior Members" who lost their Evangelist status. Standby for more new threads/posts just like this one.

Let's start another pool, to guess when the threshold will be raised to 900. I'll guess within two years, but, maybe not. We'll see...

Raising the entry to Evangelist to 600 (or so) posts, won't solve anything. Personally, I can't believe that any one would have believed that it would.

Hermite15

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 10:57:57 PM »

Whilst I am supportive of this in principle, I have doubts about whether in practice it will achieve this objective: if you can hit '+1' 300 times you can probably manage it 600 times.

then in the rare cases, it would get deleted 300 times... hopefully.

sded

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 11:01:12 PM »
In their spare time maybe the Moderators can grade the posts of all the Sr. Members for those that will count toward the Evangelist plateau.  Shouldn't penalize genuine hard workers for Avast! by continually raising the ceiling.   :-[

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 11:07:38 PM »

I suspect if they do that and a pattern is seen then these people are likely to have the me too, +1 entries removed or that they may well get kicked out or receive a restriction on posting. There are plenty of actions that could be taken if they are reported to the moderator.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 11:10:06 PM »
I hope I get my Evangelist status back. :P
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 11:18:29 PM »
Why, what does that status, do for you or the posts that you make. Evangelist based on post count alone isn't really what being an evangelist is about.

It is about helping other avast users to the best of your ability and knowledge, it is about the quality of the reply and not what status implied by a post count. That doesn't matter if you are a newbie or Jnr Member or Snr Member or Evangelist (with a great deal of knowledge outside these forums).

It should be nothing to do with post count or forum status, but the information that you provide.

Offline Simion

• Advanced Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 11:43:31 PM »
I hope I get my Evangelist status back. :P

Why? Considering the FUD and general nonsense that SOME Evangelists post, I am more than happy to remain a Full Member for eternity.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 11:43:59 PM »
Why, what does that status, do for you or the posts that you make. Evangelist based on post count alone isn't really what being an evangelist is about.

It is about helping other avast users to the best of your ability and knowledge, it is about the quality of the reply and not what status implied by a post count. That doesn't matter if you are a newbie or Jnr Member or Snr Member or Evangelist (with a great deal of knowledge outside these forums).

It should be nothing to do with post count or forum status, but the information that you provide.
+1 ;D  ;)

(just testing to see if it gets scrubbed)

Testing Mods isn't nice either it only adds to their already difficult task.  :o

Idle chatter (of which I'm quite often guilty) isn't what counts.
This is after all the Avast Help Forum.
I have often stated that the number of posts aren't really important but,
helping others regardless of the subject in which you offer help, is the main goal of this forum.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Left123

• There Is No Patch For Human Stupidity.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Proud Community Member&Helper.
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 11:49:19 PM »
You should have done that long time ago :)
AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core Processor 4200+ - 2.20 GHz,3,00 GB RAM -
Browser:Mozilla Firefox +WOT - SoftWare:CCleaner - Windows 7 32 bit
No Anti-Virus

intrepid44

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 11:50:51 PM »
I agree with bob3160, I was still am but havent been there lately a moderator over in the panda cloud forums. It should be about helping people not a title and who has the most posts. At this rate I will never make it here I think I average .000001 posts a day here.. lmao

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 01:07:28 AM »
My post count dropped and I am not a avast! Evangelist  now.. How many post till I can be an avast! Evangelist again?
That's alright, we still love you. 8)
printed on 100% recycled bytes