Author Topic: I was an avast! Evangelist not now?  (Read 14453 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: I was an avast! Evangelist not now?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2011, 03:11:50 AM »
In their spare time maybe the Moderators can grade the posts of all the Sr. Members for those that will count toward the Evangelist plateau.  Shouldn't penalize genuine hard workers for Avast! by continually raising the ceiling.   :-[
+1
If the "problem" is someone who are raising the Evangelist status, well, act accordingly.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2011, 08:12:13 AM »
In my opinion it's not that much a problem of "status" but there truly are some former evangelists (now downgraded to Sr. Member) who provided more than valuable help to other users and are now closed out from the Corner Café, where things can be discussed that maybe are not meant to be seen in public - e.g. this topic we are discussing here.
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Offline chocholo

• Poster
  • BSC, GSC, MCP
    • Avast
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2011, 09:20:03 AM »
If you feel that you should be evangelist before reaching the new limit, write me a PM please.

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 07:04:13 PM »
If you feel that you should be evangelist before reaching the new limit, write me a PM please.
Hmm I will try to get the limit fast, cause I got evangelist status fast as i recall so it will take me no time to get evangelist again.  :)  :)
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

Gargamel360

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2011, 07:27:55 PM »
Hmm I will try to get the limit fast, cause I got evangelist status fast as i recall so it will take me no time to get evangelist again.  :)  :)
You should not try.  It should just happen.  Trying to be an Evangelist just for the sake of being an Evangelist makes you......not an Evangelist.

spg SCOTT

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2011, 07:33:59 PM »
Why?

All it is, is a name. As has been repeatedly said, the number doesnt matter, the content does.

YoKenny

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2011, 07:35:35 PM »
You should not try.  It should just happen.  Trying to be an Evangelist just for the sake of being an Evangelist makes you......not an Evangelist.
Just a spammer!  ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 08:18:53 PM »

Sorry but that is the whole point of this change, what is wrong with being a senior member (which considering is attained at 100 posts, too low) and contributing in the forums, helping were your experience permits. This is a support forum and not a chatroom.

People were just striving to get 300 post to be an evangelist. The forums are full of me too, chatroom style posts, just to get to the magic number. It bears no resemblance on their experience, quality of assistance, just that they reached 300.

I would love it if the whole evangelist thing were totally disassociated with post count but on the effectiveness of a users help on the forums not just racking up posts. Unfortunately there has to be a start point for consideration.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 10:32:02 PM »
In my opinion it's not that much a problem of "status" but there truly are some former evangelists (now downgraded to Sr. Member) who provided more than valuable help to other users and are now closed out from the Corner Café, where things can be discussed that maybe are not meant to be seen in public - e.g. this topic we are discussing here.

I completely agree with this. Demoting hard working Evangelists to Senior Members is a slap in the face. I'm talking about those who truly try to help and don't post loads and loads of garbage. There are many current evangelists that have remained evangelists due only to post count and do nothing but spam the forum with garbage. And as for the "chat style/me too/+1 posts", please take a look at who is really guilty of these style of posts. There should be another way as suggested by David.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 10:45:20 PM by Charyb »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2011, 10:52:35 PM »
Chocolo, the forum administrator has already said in this topic you can PM him if you feel you .

There really is a problem with the chatroom, me too kiddies, who are just racking up posts with the simple intention of being an evangelist and that is plain wrong and had to be addressed. Unfortunately that does trap some like yourself who do make a valuable contribution.

A long time ago this was also broached raising the qualification from 300 to 500 or 1000 or even higher, boy what a bun fight that was and it was about those who through no fault of their own but the actions of others would no longer be evangelists. So it never got further than this discussion, a.k.a. bun fight, but in all seriousness, recently this has become much worse.

To be considered an evangelist, it really should be something more than just post count, but will obviously be a factor (without the me too chatroom kids), as up to a point shows actual time as a forum member, added to the users contribution to the avast forum (not just their post count). Essentially it has to be something over and above simply post count, were it is post count based whatever that total is there will always be people who are chasing the title and not really contributing.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2011, 11:11:50 PM »
There are many current evangelists that have remained evangelists due only to post count and do nothing but spam the forum with garbage.
This need to be solved.
Recently, there are a lot of "accusations" of Evangelists' behavior.
I think we should give names or stop posting annonimously.

Nesivos

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2011, 11:14:40 PM »
I think that will depend on the quality of future Avast updates :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2011, 11:18:57 PM »
??? I did not understand what do you mean.

Hermite15

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2011, 11:20:36 PM »

sorry what ??? can you elaborate? ;D ... you mean when the updates are buggy (or users' systems are lol ) users attack the Evangelists - users themselves - that's it ???

ps: I guess you're referring to tech saying
Recently there are a lot of "accusations" of Evangelists' behavior
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 11:24:17 PM by Logos »

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2011, 07:49:39 PM »
There are many current evangelists that have remained evangelists due only to post count and do nothing but spam the forum with garbage.
This need to be solved.
Recently, there are a lot of "accusations" of Evangelists' behavior.
I think we should give names or stop posting annonimously.

I agree to this point very strongly.

And may I remind the public that "Evangelist" does not mean "Angel" in any way. This whole discussion is drifting more and more to a kind of unhappy "all the ones" and "all the others" type of arguing.
Not good.
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear