Author Topic: Not sure where to post this..........  (Read 5842 times)

BTCentral

Re: Not sure where to post this..........
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2011, 05:49:27 PM »
Why even suggest it if you don't think it a good idea, we have no control over who are reading this forum might do or their experience level.

Those with the VM setup and sandbox, etc. etc. are most likely not to need a pointer in that direction.
No offence but the OP asked why they were blocked, that was explained.
I pointed out that it was possible to bypass the security for those particular sites if they wanted to.

I could have just have easily said turn off the Web Shield, but I did not? Why? Because that would be a ridiculous idea.

Why suggest what I did? Because the OP may find it useful and as they had already determined that the sites did not contain an active threat.
It's obviously not a good idea to go round unblocking sites that are determined to be malicious in general - that goes without saying - so there's no need to do so.

If you disagree that's fine - lets just leave it at that. :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 06:01:47 PM by BTCentral »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Not sure where to post this..........
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2011, 05:59:21 PM »
No offence taken, my only concern is the any suggestion made in the public forums aren't just for the consumption of the OP.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security